Postdoctoral Associate - 2001167
- Stony Brook University
- Location: Stony Brook, NY
- Job Number: 7070105
- Posting Date: Sep 21, 2020
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Job DescriptionPostdoctoral Associate - 2001167
Required Qualifications (as evidenced by an attached resume):
Doctoral degree (or foreign equivalent).
PhD or MD (or foreign equivalent) in Synthetic Organic Chemistry. Experience in Organic and Carbohydrate Chemistry.
Brief Description of Duties:
The Postdoctoral Associate will assist the Principal Investigator in the department of Radiology. The incumbent will conduct research and ensure that all experiments are appropriately conducted following the policies and procedures of Stony Brook University.
The successful incumbent will join Dr. Nashaat Turkman’s multidisciplinary team of chemists, neuroscientists, physicians and others at the Department of Radiology at Stony Brook University School of Medicine and Stony Brook Cancer Center. They will participate in research aiming at developing molecular imaging diagnostics and therapeutic targeting the disorders of the central nervous system.
• Synthesis of libraries of bioactive molecules following the structure activity relationship studies
• Synthesis, functionalization and characterization of mono, di-, and tri-sugar (carbohydrate) based small molecules, Synthesis of glycol-peptides and organic-carbohydrate hybrid molecules.
• Experience with HPLC, micro-scale reactions or radiochemistry (training will be provided)
• Participate/assist in manuscript writing for publication in scientific journals and/or presentations.
• Lab maintenance, including equipment maintenance and ordering of supplies as needed.
• Operation and maintenance of various laboratory equipment. Other duties as assigned.
The Research Foundation of SUNY is a private educational corporation. Employment is subject to the Research Foundation policies and procedures, sponsor guidelines and the availability of funding. FLSA Exempt position, not eligible for the overtime provisions of the FLSA. Minimum salary threshold must be met to maintain FLSA exemption.
Resume/CV and cover letter should be included with the online application.
Visit The Office of Postdoctoral Affairs to learn more about our postdoctoral community.
Stony Brook University is committed to excellence in diversity and the creation of an inclusive learning, and working environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status and all other protected classes under federal or state laws.
If you need a disability-related accommodation, please call the university Office of Institutional Diversity and Equity at (631) 632-6280 or visit OIDE.
In accordance with the Title II Crime Awareness and Security Act a copy of our crime statistics can be viewed here.
Visit our WHY WORK HERE page to learn about the total rewards we offer.
For more information and to apply, visit: