Postdoctoral Associate (Ref: IRG_FM_2020_004)
- Singapore-MIT Alliance for Research and Technology (SMART) Centre
- Location: Singapore, Singapore
- Job Number: 7069740 (Ref #: IRG_FM_2020_004)
- Posting Date: Sep 13, 2020
- Application Deadline: Oct 13, 2020
Job DescriptionProject Overview
The project involves autonomous vehicles for Mobility on Demand for the purpose of addressing the "first and last mile" problem. Mobility on Demand is to be demonstrated on a fleet of golf buggies. The driverless capabilities are to be extended to an actual electric car.
The FM IRG is seeking to employ a Postdoctoral Associate to enhance its autonomous vehicles research group. The job scope entails:
• Develop and implement machine learning techniques to preprocess and interpret the environment information, bridge the perception information and planning module, and prepare deep understanding of the world for the vehicles to drive in dynamic environments, with real-time planning and decision making.
• Data fusion for multi-modal sensor measurements. Use deep learning algorithms (including Deep Neural Network, Reinforcement Learning, etc.) to extract useful features and produce meaningful attention and awareness to principle driving factors, such as road context and risk semantics.
• Integrate the developed algorithms with the existing AV framework and pipelines to enable the vehicles to perform online and offline experiments, including data collection, processing, driving task planning and execution.
• Push the autonomous driving capabilities towards various road driving scenarios, including those require safely driving along with multi-class road participants.
• Software design and maintenance of autonomous vehicles.
• Advice and mentor PhD students in the group.
• Advance research in any of these or related areas.
The most qualified candidates must have a PhD degree in related fields including robotics, machine vision, planning and decision making, and have the following research experience:
• Experienced with system integration, both hardware and software, low-level and high level control, have successfully built integrative robotic systems alone
• Experienced with ROS (Robot Operating System)
• Experience in development of autonomous driving system
• Ability to process and analyze large datasets
• Familiar with and adaptable to various computer languages, including C/C++/C#/Python/Java
• Experience in various deep learning techniques (CNN, RL, DRL, etc.) and at least one of the frameworks (Tensorflow, Pytorch, Caffe, etc)
• Published research in robotic perception, planning, control, and deep learning
• Expertise in software design and maintenance
• Have a good publication track record
• Good command of written and spoken English
To apply, please visit our website at: http://smart.mit.edu/careers/career-opportunities. Interested applicants are invited to send in their full CV/resume, cover letter and list of three references (to include reference names and contact information). We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.