Postdoctoral Fellow/Anatomy and Neurobiology
- University of Tennessee
- Location: Memphis, TN
- Job Number: 7069710
- Posting Date: Sep 11, 2020
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Job DescriptionA Postdoctoral Fellow position is available in Dr. Tauheed Ishrat lab, Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, University of Tennessee Health Science Center. The postdoctoral fellow will lead a project that utilizes gene knockdown, molecular biology and neurobehavioral approaches to study neurovascular protection mechanisms in experimental stroke. The postdoctoral fellow will work as part of a team and contribute intellectual and technical expertise to the lab's broader communication and interpersonal skills.
Applicant versed in rodent (mouse/rat) models of stroke (MCAO) surgery, functional/behavior outcomes tests (motor, cognitive), stereotaxic injection, genotyping, basic molecular techniques, neuronal culture/isolation and immunohistochemistry is highly favored.
Major duties and responsibilities:
• Conducting experiments utilizing the following biology techniques: genotyping, Western blotting, PCR, cell culture, immunofluorescence.
• Performing experimental stroke research in animal and cell-based models.
• Prepare laboratory reagents, buffers, and culture media.
• Writing, submitting and publishing original research papers in peer-reviewed journals.
• Attaining and presenting in national/international conferences.
• Effectively communicating in a timely fashion with the PI on a regular basis/lab meetings.
• Assisting with the daily operations of the laboratory and other members of the laboratory.