Post-doctoral Fellowship in Vaccines against Coronavirus, Ebola, Influenza & Respiratory Syncytial Virus
- US FOOD AND DRUG ADMINISTRATION
- Location: Silver Spring, MD
- Job Number: 7066871
- Posting Date: Jun 12, 2020
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Job DescriptionPosition Description
• The ongoing research performed involves study of SARS-CoV-2, Zika, Ebola, Respiratory Syncytial Virus (RSV) and Pandemic Influenza viruses. We are addressing humoral immune responses following infection and vaccination in humans. This information is then used for development and evaluation of vaccines and therapeutics against viral diseases.
• Emphasis is on understanding the role of adjuvants and different vaccine modalities in eliciting broadly cross-reactive protective antibodies. The advanced techniques developed in the lab includes whole genome gene-fragment phage display libraries (GFPDL), high throughput Surface plasmon resonance (SPR), protein production, vaccine development and animal challenge studies.
• This is a training fellowship for two years with possible extension up to 5 years.
• Highly motivated candidates should be a recent Masters or PhD (within 3 years of their last degree). Candidates with research experience in SPR, phage display, virology, recombinant protein/antibody production, Coronavirus, Influenza, RSV or related viruses are encouraged to apply.
This position is only open for US citizens, permanent residents (Green Card holders) or individuals residing in US for at least 3 years in last 5 years on a valid US visa.
• Lab of Retrovirus Research, Division of Viral Products, CBER, FDA at the White Oak Campus, Silver Spring, Maryland.
The FDA is dedicated to building a diverse community in its training and employment programs.