Postdoctoral Fellow for Statistics, Machine learning and Computational Immunology
- H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center
- Location: Tampa, FL
- Job Number: 7066477 (Ref #: hlj_26103)
- Posting Date: May 25, 2020
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The lab of Dr. Xuefeng Wang seeks a Postdoc Fellow to join his lab. The goal is developing statistical and computational methods for cancer biomarker discovery.
Lern more about the Dr. Wang lab at Moffitt - http://lab.moffitt.org/wang
- This statistical/computational postdoctoral fellow will be responsible for developing novel statistical methods and/or computational tools for analyzing, visualizing, and interpreting large cancer genomics and immunology data.
- Opportunities to interact directly with bioinformaticians, and biostatisticians, translational, clinical researchers, to develop methods or tools for analyzing high-throughput cancer Omics and large-scale clinical/preclinical data.
The Ideal Candidate:
- A highly motivated and independent researcher with a strong quantitative scientific background and programming skills.
- Research background/experiences in statistics, machine learning, and bioinformatics.
- Experience in cancer immunology in not required but ability to learn new knowledge is highly desirable.
- Strong programming skills in languages such as R and Python.
- Research background in machine learning or deep learning.
- Experience of integration of multi-omics data including whole exome sequencing, RNA-seq, metabolomics, proteomics, etc.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Will develop and extend machine learning methods for big cancer Omics data.
- Will help discover new predictive biomarkers for cancer immunotherapies.
- Will be responsible for developing novel visualizing too that will facilate interpreting big Omics data in cancer research.
Credentials and Qualifications:
Required: PhD in Statistics/Biostatistics, Data Science, Bioinformatics, Computer Science, or related fields.
How to Apply: Interested applicants should send a single PDF file that includes a cover letter summarizing their research training and accomplishments, a personal statement of scientific interests and goals, current CV with recent publications, and contact information for three references to Xuefeng.email@example.com
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.