- Murthy laboratory U.C. Berkeley
- Location: Berkeley, CA
- Job Number: 7066152
- Posting Date: May 7, 2020
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Job DescriptionThe Murthy laboratory at U.C. Berkeley is looking to hire multiple postdoctoral fellows. Projects have started in the following areas:
(1) Design and synthesis of new inhibitors targeting essential enzymes in SARS CoV-2. This project focuses on performing high through-put screens of chemical libraries to identify inhibitors that can treat COVID-19. We will also do medicinal chemistry on lead hits. Successful candidates need to have experience with either organic synthesis, recombinant protein expression or computer simulations and physical chemistry.
(2) Development of new vaccine delivery vehicles. This project focuses on making nanoparticles that can induce efficient immunization against SARS CoV-2 antigens. Successful candidates need to have experience with either immunology or recombinant protein expression.
Please see https://murthylab.berkeley.edu for more details about the Murthy laboratory.