Post Doctoral Associate
- University of Massachusetts Medical School
- Location: Worcester, MA
- Job Number: 7065456
- Posting Date: Mar 20, 2020
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Post Doctoral Associate
Opportunity for an outstanding Postdoctoral (Ph.D.) Associate: statistical genomic analyses. Individual will write manuscripts for peer-reviewed journals and present at scientific meetings. Opportunity for career advancement.
Conduct analysis of data derived from genotyping arrays, sequencing, and conduct gene-environment and genetic-epidemiologic association analyses, meta-analyses. Interface and actively collaborate with other researchers.
Disciplines: Genetic Epidemiology with strong quantitative skills, statistical genetics, bioinformatics
Ph.D. in quantitative genetic-epidemiology, statistical genetics or bioinformatics and
• 3+ years-Skill (Preferred), experience and good working knowledge of genetic databases and websites, as well as computational programs such as Operating Systems (e.g. UNIX, LINUX, Windows); Scripting languages (e.g. Perl, Python, Bash, Tcl); Programming languages (e.g. Java, C/C++) and statistical programming (R or MatLab), PLINK, SAS.
• Proven ability to analyze genome-wide data
• Record of high-quality publications and oral presentations preferable.
• Thorough knowledge of principles and techniques used in genomic research projects including knowledge of potential biases, population structure and how to assess them in study design and analyses.
• Experience in programming biology-related software for data mining (e.g. genome sequences) required
• Self-starter and ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Excellent organizational and interpersonal communication skills
• Team player, respectful, professional behavior, willing to teach and share
Highly qualified candidates will have:
• Hands-on experience in large-scale data analysis
• Experience in statistical computing
• Understanding of basic molecular biology
• Ability to manage and steer research projects
• Ability to prepare manuscripts for publication in top tier journals
• Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
Please send three references from immediate supervisor and professional contacts. Salary is senior postdoctoral level; commensurate with the candidate’s experience. The position has the potential of 3-4 years with the possibility for renewal.
In order to proceed with your application, interested candidates should send a cover letter, CV and three references to Johanna.email@example.com
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/dz2x65h93324jt2g