Research Scientist (Integrated Device Reliability) (Ref: IRG_LEES_2020_003)
- Singapore-MIT Alliance for Research and Technology (SMART) Centre
- Location: Singapore, Singapore
- Job Number: 7065043 (Ref #: IRG_LEES_2020_003)
- Posting Date: Mar 4, 2020
- Application Deadline: Apr 5, 2020
Job DescriptionProject Overview
SMART LEES SMART LEES is working to commercialize its proprietary CMOS + III-V integration platform for electronic and photonics applications. Our technology takes advantage of superior properties of III-V materials and devices. We are currently recruiting an experienced research scientist with a focus on reliability of compound semiconductor devices. In this role, the successful candidate will lead the reliability program for various device platforms and work together with cross-functional teams to test the reliability of the devices, understand the degradation mechanisms and identify strategies to improve the device reliability.
• Lead, design and execute experiments to identify, characterise and model the device failure and degradation mechanisms
• Develop physics-based predictive reliability models for lifetime prediction
• Influence design, process, product, test and/or system solutions to improve device reliability
• Lead and drive root cause failure analysis efforts concerning failed devices to determine and implement corrective actions
• A PhD degree in Materials Science/Engineering, or any related discipline
• Experience in semiconductor reliability, preferably in compound semiconductor devices (e.g. LED, HEMT)
• Experience with a range of measurement and failure analysis techniques such as Focused Ion Beam and Transmission Electron Microscopy
• Experience with electrical characterization techniques and reliability testing
• Familiarity with semiconductor device physics is advantageous
• The candidate needs to work well in a team, and be able to communicate with LEES researchers working in different disciplines.
• The candidate should, given an overall program objective, expect to deliver results within a timeline and also with minimum supervision
To apply, please visit our website at: http://smart.mit.edu/careers/career-opportunities. Interested applicants are invited to send in their full CV/resume, cover letter and list of three references (to include reference names and contact information). We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.