Postdoctoral Associate (Ref: IRG_LEES_2020_002)
- Singapore-MIT Alliance for Research and Technology (SMART) Centre
- Location: Singapore, Singapore
- Job Number: 7064880 (Ref #: IRG_LEES_2020_002)
- Posting Date: Feb 24, 2020
- Application Deadline: Mar 25, 2020
Job DescriptionProject Overview
SMART is a major research enterprise established by the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) in partnership with the National Research Foundation of Singapore (NRF). SMART serves as an intellectual hub for international research collaborations, not only between MIT and Singapore, but also involving researchers from the region and beyond. At SMART, we identify and carry out research on critical problems of societal importance. SMART is a magnet attracting and anchoring global research talent, while simultaneously instilling and promoting a culture of translational research and entrepreneurship in Singapore. We are hiring for the research group (IRG) Low Energy Electronics Systems (LEES).
Work on research projects focused on thermal management of integrated electronics. This can include:
• Experimental, modelling, and analysis of new cooling strategies, modelling and characterization of thermal issues in novel electronic architectures, etc.
• The candidate is expected to monitor the progress of the project,
• Meet with PI for regular meeting, disseminate new findings in journals/conferences and IP.
• PhD in Mechanical Engineering, Materials Science and Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or related fields.
• Expertise in the areas of micro and macroscale modeling and experimental heat transfer, nanostructure synthesis and characterization, and its applications to engineering systems is desired.
• Candidate with clean-room experience is also desired.
To apply, please visit our website at: http://smart.mit.edu/careers/career-opportunities. Interested applicants are invited to send in their full CV/resume, cover letter and list of three references (to include reference names and contact information). We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.