- Moffitt Cancer Center
- Location: Tampa, FL
- Job Number: 7062745
- Posting Date: Dec 13, 2019
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Job DescriptionGenetics play a critical role in prostate cancer etiology and progression. With two NCI-funded projects, the research activities in PI’s lab include investigation of how single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) contribute to an increased risk to prostate cancer and what genetic/epigenetic changes may serve as biomarkers for outcome prediction in advanced prostate cancer. More specifically, the PI’s lab has been applying latest molecular biology technologies to functionally characterize regulatory SNPs important for prostate cancer risk. The lab is also interested in analyzing cell-free DNAs and cell-free RNAs as liquid biopsy approach for biomarker discovery in multiple cancer systems.
• Highly collaborative working environment
• Chance to improve bioinformatics skill
• Ability to gain experience in grant preparation
The Ideal Candidate should have at least two of following working experiences:
• Cell-free DNA/RNA as cancer biomarkers
• Functional analysis of genetic variants
• Gene expression profiling or DNA methylation profiling
• Bioinformatics or Biostatistics
• Determine study design under PI’s guidance.
• Execute research projects of interest independently.
• Coordinate research study activities.
• Summarize and publish research results
• Assist in preparing research grant application.
• Assist in training of students and residents.
Credentials and Qualifications:
• PhD in Molecular Biology, Genetics, or relevenant field.
How to Apply: Interested applicants should send a single PDF file that includes a cover letter summarizing their research training and accomplishments, a personal statement of scientific interests and goals, current CV with recent publications, and contact information for three references via email to Liang.Wang@Moffitt.org.