- Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
- Location: Rutgers, NJ
- Job Number: 7060558
- Posting Date: Sep 20, 2019
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
New Jersey’s academic health center, Rutgers Biomedical and Health Sciences (RBHS) takes an integrated approach to educating students, providing clinical care, and conducting research, all with the goal of improving human health. Aligned with Rutgers University–New Brunswick and collaborating university wide, RBHS includes eight schools, a behavioral health network, and five centers and institutes that focus on cancer treatment and research, neuroscience, advanced biotechnology and medicine, environmental and occupational health, and health care policy and aging research.
Our faculty are teachers, clinicians, and scientists with unparalleled experience who advance medical innovation and provide patient care informed by the latest research findings. We offer an outstanding education in medicine, dentistry, pharmacy, public health, nursing, biomedical research, and the full spectrum of allied health careers.
Our clinical and academic facilities are located throughout the state—at Rutgers University–New Brunswick, including Piscataway; and at locations in Newark, Scotch Plains, Somerset, Stratford, and other locations. Clinical partners include Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital in New Brunswick, Newark’s University Hospital in Newark, and other affiliates.
Through this community of healers, scientists, and scholars, Rutgers is equipped as never before to transform lives.
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey is seeking a Postdoctoral Fellow for the Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine at the Rutgers, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School.
Among the key duties are the following:
• Designs, performs and analyzes experiments in molecular biology, biochemistry, cell biology, genetics or behavioral science.
• Remains up-to-date in relevant scientific literature.
• Writes scientific papers for submission to journals.
• Presents research work at national scientific conferences.
• Attends teaching and career development workshops sponsored by the IRACDA-INSPIRE Program.
• Teaches mentored lectures and designs an undergraduate course at a partner institution of IRACDA-INSPIRE Program.
Position Status Full Time
Hours Per Week
Daily Work Shift
Position Salary $48,432-$59,736
Annual Minimum Salary
Annual Mid Range Salary
Annual Maximum Salary
Standard Hours 37.50
Union Description Non-Union
Payroll Designation PeopleSoft
Information about the benefits provided to Rutgers employees can be found at: http://uhr.rutgers.edu/benefits/benefits-overview
Terms of Appointment Staff - 12 month
Position Pension Eligibility None
Minimum Education and Experience
• Ph.D. in Cellular and Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Cell Biology, Genetics or related field.
• Evidence of prior experience and productivity in research and education must be demonstrated.
• Candidates in all-but-degree (ABD) status will also be considered.