- The University of Texas M. D. Anderson Cancer Center
- Location: Houston, TX
- Job Number: 7060276
- Posting Date: Sep 11, 2019
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Job DescriptionTitle: Postdoctoral Fellow in the Taniguchi Lab
Position Summary: The Radiation and Pancreatic Cancer Biology laboratory of Dr. Cullen Taniguchi at the University of Texas at MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston, TX is looking for a postdoctoral fellow for a NIH/NCI-funded project that seeks to protect the intestine from radiation injury. This science has implications for oncology treatments (pancreatic and liver cancers) and nuclear countermeasures (medical response to a terrorist attack or nuclear accident). The successful candidate will have significant experience in intestinal stem cell biology or radiation biology/physics. Experience with molecular biology, histology and tissue preparation, cell biology, and mouse modeling are very helpful but not required.
For more information please, visit TaniguchiLab.org or our MDACC website https://www.mdanderson.org/research/departments-labs-institutes/labs/taniguchi-laboratory.html)
What we offer:
● Training and expertise in radiation biology, intestinal stem cell biology and pancreatic cancer.
● A stimulating environment with freedom to develop new research directions.
● Supportive mentorship for multi-faceted career development and opportunities tailored towards individual career goals.
● A fun, hard-working and supportive lab that practices team-based science
● The chance to live in Houston, a dynamic and diverse metropolis with tons of culture, a vibrant food scene, and championship sports teams!
What we’re looking for:
● Ideally someone who is less than one year out from completing their PhD, though we will consider candidates with all levels of experience.
● An enthusiastic and ambitious individual with a strong interest in our research and laboratory environment.
● Fearlessness in learning new techniques and designing projects independently.
● Strong verbal and written communication skills.
● Willingness to apply for applicable postdoctoral fellowships and eagerness to take advantage of other career development opportunities.
● Interest in working with junior lab members and summer undergraduates.
Start date: Immediately or upon mutual agreement.
Application materials (important to follow directions)
· Cover letter outlining relevant expertise and scientific interests pertinent to our lab and your future projects. This letter will be a way to assess your thought process and writing skills.
· Updated CV/Biosketch
· Contact information for three references
Please email these three items to: firstname.lastname@example.org
· Sci Transl Med 6(236):236ra64, 5/2014. PMCID: PMC4136475.
· Nat Med 19(10):1325-1330, 10/2013. e-Pub 9/2013. PMCID: PMC4089950.
· Cancer Res 79(9):2327-2338, 5/2019. PMCID: PMC6666414
· Sci Rep 9(1):1949, 2/2019. e-Pub 2/2019. PMCID: PMC6374382.
· Int J. Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. e-Pub 7/2019. PMID: 31271824.
M. D. Anderson Cancer Center is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on basis of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability or veteran status except where such distinction is required by law. All positions at The University of Texas M. D. Anderson Cancer Center are security sensitive and subject to examination of criminal history record information. Smoke-free and drug-free environment.