- Houston Methodist Research Institute
- Location: Houston, TX
- Job Number: 7058760 (Ref #: https://www.houstonmethodistcareers.org/jobs/?sear)
- Posting Date: Jul 29, 2019
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Job DescriptionPostdoctoral position is available in Dr. Nhat Tu Le’s laboratory at the Department of Cardiovascular Sciences, Houston Methodist Research Institute, (https://scholars.houstonmethodist.org/en/persons/nhattu-le(8d4ac69d-4aa7-4096-88e5-d7f48bd85905).html). Postdoc will examine molecular signaling mechanisms by which disturbed blood flow, and various cancer therapies including radiotherapies and chemotherapies, mediate vascular inflammation using both in vitro and in vivo approaches (mouse transgenic, knock-out, and knock-in models). Preferred candidates will possess a strong background and publication record in vascular and/or cardiac molecular research. Our laboratories offer a wealth of technical capabilities including cardiovascular pathophysiology, confocal microscopy, proteomics, and analysis of signal transduction pathways including kinase and transcriptional activity. To apply for this position, submit application and send a CV, cover letter or research statement, and information for three references to email@example.com.
PATIENT AGE GROUP SERVED
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Develops research methods and performs research activities.
• Documents research results and writes reports of results for presentation and/or publication in professional journals and other publications.
• Assists in maintaining the functionality and operations of the Principal Investigator’s laboratory.
• Demonstrates the components of the I CARE values.
• Follows all safety rules while on the job. Reports accidents promptly and corrects minor safety hazards. Communicates with peers and management regarding any hazards identified in the workplace.
• Performs other duties as assigned by the Principal Investigator.
M.D. or Ph.D required. A letter from the academic institution certifying that all student work is complete will be considered for Postdoctoral Fellow 0 only.
Postdoctoral Fellow 0– no Postdoc experience required
Postdoctoral Fellow 1– one year of Postdoc experience
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
Experience in biomedical research required.
Research laboratory environment.
Research laboratory environment