Postdoctoral Associate - Pathology
- Baylor College of Medicine
- Location: Houston, TX
- Job Number: 7057713 (Ref #: 310410SM)
- Posting Date: Jun 13, 2019
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
A postdoctoral position in developmental neurobiology is available immediately to study the molecular and genetic mechanisms of retinal development using the mouse and Drosophila as model systems. This project focuses on Spata7, a retinal disease gene whose loss causes early onset blindness in humans. We have recently found that Spata7 is required for the proper structure and function of the connecting cilium in photoreceptor cells and this project aims to understand the mechanism of Spata7 function. Required:
- Highly motivated individuals who have recently obtained a Ph.D. with training in molecular biology and mouse genetics should apply.
- Please upload a CV, a list of publications, and three letters of reference.