Date Posted: Jun 13, 2019
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
- Baylor College of Medicine
- Location: Houston, TX
- Job Number: 7057706 (Ref #: 236435KP)
- Posting Date: Jun 13, 2019
- Application Deadline:
Open Until Filled
The lab of Dr. Tao Wu is seeking a self-motived postdoctoral associate to work on cancer epigenetic projects with a focus on defining novel markers and deciphering epigenetic mechanisms underlying cancer therapeutic resistance.
- Design and execute experiments, analyze and interpret data, write reports and scientific papers.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
- Experience with in vivo work including generation of xenograft tumors and their resection.
- Expertise in statistics and genomics.
- From a technical perspective, the candidate should be well versed with in vitro cell culture and molecular biology work that includes mammalian cell culture, shRNA based knockdowns, CRISPR knockout, phenotypic assessment using functional studies, q-RT-PCR, immunoblot, high- throughput sequencing.
- Experience in the areas of epigenetics, cancer genomics or clinical related research.
- Preferred: Candidate should have first (or Co-first) authored paper(s). Outstanding communication and writing skills. Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to be a team player.