Air Force Science and Technology Fellowship Program Postdoctoral and Senior Research Awards
- National Research Council of the National Academies
- Location: Washington, DC
- Job Number: 7057365 (Ref #: 105211-0001)
- Posting Date: May 20, 2019
- Application Deadline: Feb 3, 2020
Job DescriptionThe National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine administers postdoctoral and senior research awards at the U.S. Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL), the U.S. Air Force Institute of Technology (AFIT), and the U.S. Air Force Academy (USAFA) under the Air Force Science & Technology Fellowship Program (AF STFP).
We are actively seeking highly qualified candidates including recent doctoral recipients and senior researchers.
Application deadline dates (four annual review cycles):
• February 1
• May 1
• August 1
• November 1
• Conduct independent research in an area compatible with the interests of the Air Force laboratories
• Devote full-time effort to research and publication
• Access the excellent and often unique Air Force research facilities
• Collaborate with leading scientists and engineers
• Base stipend starting at $76,542; may be higher based on experience
• Health insurance (including dental and vision), relocation benefits, and professional travel allowance
Applicants should contact prospective AFRL, AFIT and USAFA Research Adviser(s) at the lab(s) prior to the application deadline to discuss their research interests and funding opportunities.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Applicants must be U.S. citizens and should hold, or anticipate receiving, an earned doctorate in science or engineering. Awards are contingent upon completion of the doctoral degree.
ABOUT THE EMPLOYER
The National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine’s Fellowships Office has conducted postdoctoral fellowship programs in cooperation with sponsoring federal laboratories and other research organizations since 1954. Through national competitions, the Fellowships Office recommends and makes awards to outstanding postdoctoral and senior scientists and engineers for tenure as guest researchers at participating laboratories.
Qualified appicants will be reviewed without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex or national origin.