Date Posted: Apr 3, 2019
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
- ProQR Therapeutics
- Location: Leiden, Netherlands
- Job Number: 7056748
- Posting Date: Apr 3, 2019
- Application Deadline:
Open Until Filled
ProQR Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biotech company listed on NASDAQ with offices in Leiden, the Netherlands and Cambridge, Massachusetts, US. ProQR is focused on the development of game changing RNA therapies for inherited retinal diseases. Our mission is to help patients by creating new medicines. A team of 140 enthusiastic ProQRians from all walks of life and more than 30 different nationalities is up to this challenge. We have the passion and commitment to make a difference in the lives of the patients we serve.
Our ophthalmology translational science group is currently looking for a Senior Scientist Retinal Organoid Models (full-time) to join our team.
Location: Leiden, The Netherlands.
What are you going to do:
• be in charge of the retinal organoid lab
• design, schedule, execute and monitor the organoid differentiation and characterization activities
• day to day management and supervision of (senior) researchers and scientists
• contribute to set team goals, priorities, budgets, and timelines
• be a key contributor to project strategy development
• ensure delivery of high quality results according to project plan and within budget & timelines
• process raw data, make presentations and write protocols, reports, publications, (parts of) patent applications
• contribute to expanding in-house lab capabilities by setting up new methods and improve existing ones
• anticipate needs and plan for the purchase, use, and maintenance of laboratory equipment and set budget
• keep up to date with the state-of-the-art in the field
• work closely with other expert teams from Ophthalmology Translational Science
• liaise with external experts (KOLs and/or consultants) and collaborators to gain the necessary knowledge
• attend external business and scientific meetings, including conferences, as representative of ProQR
We expect our Senior Scientist to have:
• a PhD with ≥ 2 years’ experience in the field of stem cell derived human 3-D retinal organoid models.
• hands-on experience with retinal organoid differentiation & characterization is a must
• experience with histology, immunofluorescence, electrophysiology, calcium signaling and/or electron microscopy would be a strong plus
• understanding of and experience with microfluidics/retina-on-a-chip would be an advantage
• excellent knowledge of biology of the human retina and mechanisms involved in retinal degeneration
• affinity with the field of inherited rare retinal diseases
Skills and competencies that are required for making the difference:
• Proactive, analytical, accurate, and hands-on mentality
• Flexible working hours, including (some) weekends
• Critical thinking, decision making and problem solving skills
• Strong project planning and management skills
• Wanting to work in a dynamic and innovative environment
• Ability to work under pressure
• Excellent knowledge of English both in word and writing
• A nice person :-)
We offer an exciting and innovative working environment in a very committed organization, with the following benefits:
• A competitive salary
• 8% holiday allowance
• 30 vacation days
• 30% ruling (for expats)
• An annual performance bonus
• Stock options
• A premium-free pension plan
• A commuting allowance
• A subsidized staff restaurant
• Unlimited (un)healthy snacks and drinks
• Employee events (boot camp, chair massage and other social events)
Do you want to be part of our devoted team of enthusiastic professionals? Do you think you can contribute in achieving our mission? Do you want to work in challenging environment where your work can really make a difference? If so, we’re looking forward to receiving your application by filling out our application form, please apply as soon as possible.
You can contact Laura Faber via firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Please note that a screening will be part of our selection procedure.