Date Posted: Mar 1, 2018
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The laboratory of Dr. Haitao (Mark) Ji at Moffitt Cancer Center is looking for a postdoctoral fellow to work on the design and synthesis of selective small-molecule inhibitors for protein–protein interactions.
• The Ji lab focuses on structure-based inhibitor design, synthetic organic chemistry, biochemistry, and cell-based characterization.
• The project for this position requires installation of new stereogenic centers and multi-step synthesis.
• The Ji lab works in team with structural biologists, molecular oncologists, immunologists, and clinicians to validate clinically highly relevant targets by discovering selective inhibitors for protein–protein interactions.
The Ideal Candidate:
• Strong background and experience in organic synthesis is essential.
• Experience in relevant areas including natural product synthesis, asymmetric synthesis, and medicinal chemistry is highly desirable.
• Demonstrated creativity and high motivation.
• Effective at working independently and within the research group.
• Attention to detail and ability to work on multiple projects.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Developing and writing publications.
Credentials and Qualifications:
• Successful candidate must have a PhD or equivalent degree in Synthetic Organic Chemistry, Medicinal Chemistry, or related field.
The H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center is the only NCI-designated comprehensive cancer center based in the state of Florida and is ranked 9th among cancer hospital in the USA. The outstanding research environment includes state-of-the-art core facilities for Chemistry and Chemical Biology research.
We strive to be the leader in understanding the complexity of cancer through team science and applying those insights for human benefits. Be part of the cure by joining Moffitt's team of 800 research faculty scientists, career staff scientists, postdocs, graduate students and support staff dedicated to cancer research.
A competitive salary and benefits package will be offered to the successful candidate.
Be part of the cure by joining Moffitt's team to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer...
Equal Employment Opportunity
Moffitt Cancer Center is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or protected veteran or disabled status. We seek candidates whose skills, and personal and professional experience, have prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence.
H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center & Research Institute is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and a drug free workplace