Date Posted: Feb 14, 2018
Application Deadline: Mar 16, 2018
POST DOCTORAL POSITION AVAILABLE:
Responsibilities will include the conduct of all aspects of the research protocol, such as the development, modification and execution of data analysis, preparation of publications and scientific presentations, dissemination of the results through peer-reviewed scientific journals and at major national and international meetings, and mentoring the junior staff. Excellent opportunities exist for various scientific interactions and collaborations with experts in the fields of neuroscience, movement disorders, and genetics as well as for participation in the extensive programs of seminars, symposia, and other relevant meetings within Harvard Medical School and University of Massachusetts. The postdoctoral fellow may work on one or more projects.
- PhD in neuroscience, mathematics, computer science, or related fields
- Exceptionally strong computational and biostatistical skills to implement and integrate the analysis of multi-dimensional imaging, electrophysiological (EEG) and/or genetic datasets
- Solid experience in Python, MATLAB, and C
- Strong experience in algorithmic design, mathematical models (primarily stochastic differential equation systems), analysis and integration of dynamic systems
- Independent, self-motivated with a proven track record of productive research
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively independently and in collaboration with multiple investigators
- Strong publication record and excellent academic credentials
Please email CV, cover letter and contact information for three references to: Maria.LeitaoPina@umassmed.edu
UMass Medical School is committed to being an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and recognizes the power of a diverse community. We encourage applications from protected veterans, individuals with disabilities and those with varied experiences, perspectives and backgrounds to consider UMass Medical School as their employer of choice.
Contact Us: Maria.LeitaoPina@umassmed.edu