Date Posted: Jan 11, 2018
The Department of Blood and Marrow Transplantation at the NCI-designated Comprehensive Moffitt Cancer Center and the Department of Immunology at the University of South Florida in Tampa, FL, invite applications for the postdoctoral fellowship in Transplantation Immunology. The training will be performed under the mentorship of Brian C. Betts, MD; an NIH-funded investigator with expertise in signal transduction, transplantation, and human immunology. The Betts Lab is focused on translational investigations in graft-versus-host disease prevention, a major complication after allogeneic hematopoietic cell transplantation. Recent innovative work from the Betts Lab can be found on https://www.moffitt.org/research-science/researchers/brian-betts/.
The H. Lee Moffitt Cancer and Research Institute is a cutting-edge facility in beautiful Tampa, Florida. We strive to be the leader in understanding in the complexity of cancer through team science and applying those insights for human benefits. Be part of the cure by joining Moffitt's team of 800 research faculty scientists, career staff scientists, postdocs, graduate students and support staff dedicated to cancer research.
What trainees should expect:
• High quality and effective mentorship by Dr. Betts
• Gain knowledge in the study of immune tolerance, prevention and treatment of graft-versus-host disease, cellular therapy, as well as grant preparation and scientific writing.
• Develop expertise in translational immunology, signal transduction in cellular and innate immunity, and methods to selectively enhance the anti-tumor potential of T cells.
• Learn surgical and transplantation techniques using xenograft models.
• Moffitt Cancer Center proudly supports innovative core facilities for flow cytometry, cellular therapy, proteomics, molecular biology, structural biology, microarray, analytic microscopy, animal imaging, drug discovery, and biostatistics.
What we are looking for in an applicant:
• Individuals with a Ph.D. in Immunology (or related field), or MD, are eligible.
• Candidates must have a practical skillset in routine lab procedures; including flow cytometry, ELISA, and/or western blotting. Small animal experience is welcome.
• Experience developing and writing publications. Someone with a first author publication is highly desirable.
Stipends and benefits are highly competitive. Review of applications will begin immediately. In addition to the online application, please email CV, cover letter and three letters of reference to Dr. BC Betts, firstname.lastname@example.org (reference requisition # 23069) Dept. of Blood and Marrow Transplantation.
Be part of the cure by joining Moffitt’s team to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer…
H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center & Research Institute is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and a drug free workplace