Postdoc or Assistant Research Professor, Fire Process Modeling
- Desert Research Institute
- Location: Reno, NV
- Job Number: 7118282
- Posting Date: Dec 14, 2022
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
• Ph.D. in physics, mathematics, computer science, chemistry, atmospheric sciences, chemical engineering, forestry, or a related discipline from an accredited institution.
• 1-year minimum post-Ph.D. experience for Assistant Professor position.
• 1-year minimum experience in physics-based fire process simulations for Assistant Research Professor position, interest in these simulations for Postdoc position.
• Demonstrated expertise in computational fluid dynamics (CFD) modeling using highly parallel or cluster computing.
• Interest in initiating, planning, obtaining funding, and carrying out research projects.
• Exhibited ability to work collaboratively with others in an interdisciplinary environment.
• Demonstrated ability to publish in the peer-reviewed scientific literature.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Proficient in presenting research results at professional meetings.
Please mention you saw this ad on PostdocJobs.com