CSIRO Postdoctoral Fellowship in Cyber Security
- Commonwealth Scientific & Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO)
- Location: Sydney, Australia
- Job Number: 7117976 (Ref #: cj_90572)
- Posting Date: Dec 12, 2022
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Acknowledgement of Country
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the area that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our vision towards reconciliation
- Do you have a PhD in distributed system security or AI-based software security?
- Keen to be at the forefront of novel and world class research in distributed systems?
- Join the CSIRO Data61 Team for this exciting postdoctoral opportunity
CSIRO Early Research Career (CERC) Postdoctoral Fellowships provide opportunities to scientists and engineers who have completed their doctorate and have less than three years of relevant postdoctoral work experience. These fellowships aim to develop the next generation of future leaders of the innovation system.
The CERC Fellow will contribute to industry projects and will be at the forefront of novel and world class research in distributed systems (e.g., 5/6G systems, SDN, virtualisation) and AI-based software security, leading to reputed international publications in major cybersecurity conferences. The CERC Fellow will collaborate with other Data61 researchers and will be expected to interact with clients and deliver client projects.
Data61 envisions a vibrant and globally competitive Australian cyber security industry with greater resilience to cyber threats in business, to enhance confidence in the digital economy by bringing together exceptional people from research and industry. Data61 is building a network with industries, academic and government communities, both nationally and internationally. Data61 provides a good supporting environment for commercialising research results and building innovation through start-ups and active community engagement. The CERC Fellow will have an opportunity to collaborate with Data61 partners within the Australian and international cyber security ecosystem and address the challenging problems in cyber security.
Your duties will include:
- Carrying out innovative, impactful cyber security research of strategic importance to CSIRO Data61 that will, where possible, lead to novel and important scientific outcomes.
- Actively participating in strategic and external R&D projects by undertaking project specific research, implementing software, and communicating with internal and external partners.
- Helping build strategic relationship with Data61 industry and academic partners.
- Interacting with clients in a professional manner and deliver client reports on time.
Location: Sydney, NSW
Salary: AU$92k - AU$101k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
To be considered you will need:
- A doctorate (or will shortly satisfy the requirements of a PhD) in a relevant discipline area, such as distributed system security or AI-based software security. Please note: To be eligible for this role you must have no more than 3 years (or full-time equivalent) of postdoctoral research experience.
- Experience in designing and analysing complex protocols in systems that might be implemented in a software-defined way.
- Experience of using AI/ML to analyse software security, particular for software that is deployed in communication infrastructure
- A sound history of publication in peer reviewed journals and/or authorship of scientific papers, reports on distributed system security, AI-based software security, and so on.
- High level written and oral communication skills with the ability to represent the research team effectively internally and externally, including the presentation of research outcomes at national and international conferences.
For full details about this role please view the Position Description
Appointment to this role is subject to provision of a national police check and may be subject to other security/medical/character requirements.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
16 January 2023, 11:00pm AEDT
We’re working hard to build a safe and welcoming culture where people can bring their whole selves to work. Valuing and enabling difference empowers our people, unlocking their potential to innovate and shape the future for our customers, all Australians and the world. We do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today. We're the people that stay awake solving the world’s big questions. This is true of our science and of our people. Our mission is to create benefit for Australia through impactful science and innovation but we know that that's not possible without an inclusive and diverse culture. We're working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish.
Please mention you saw this ad on PostdocJobs.com