T32 Postdoctoral Research Fellow (U.S. Citizenship/Residency) - Prostate Cancer
- Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
- Location: Los Angeles, CA
- Job Number: 7117574 (Ref #: HRC0738305D)
- Posting Date: Dec 8, 2022
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Principal Investigator, Neil Bhowmick, PhD, is looking for a T32 Research Fellow to join the team!
When the work you do every single day has a crucial impact on the lives of others, every effort, every detail, and every second matters. This shared culture of happiness, passion, and dedication pulses through Cedars-Sinai, and it’s just one of the many reasons why we rank as one of the top hospitals in the nation by U.S. News & World Report.
Are you ready to be a part of breakthrough research?
Funded by the National Cancer Institute (T32CA240172), the multidisciplinary training program in prostate cancer at Cedars-Sinai Cancer provides exceptionally motivated postdoctoral fellows with scientific knowledge, research training, and professional skills of translational prostate cancer research. The goal of the program is to provide innovative curriculum and mentored research that prepares an elite group of highly motivated fellows to become successful, independent researchers in cancer biology.
As a Research Fellow you will work independently and in close cooperation/consultation with the Principal Investigator and other Research Scientist(s). Daily tasks will include complex and routine laboratory procedures throughout the training period in prostate cancer research. May develop, adapt, and implement new research techniques and protocols, and responsible for the analysis and interpretation of data. May aid in the preparation of grant proposals. Will conduct design experiment assembling data for publications and presentations as author or co-author.
To learn more about Dr. Bhowmick's work, please visit: https://www.cedars-sinai.edu/research/labs/bhowmick.html
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Designs and performs experiments in cooperation with the mentor. Will keep appropriate experimental records and documentation and analyze results with mentor.
- Encouraged to submit for own fellowship funding but is not responsible for generating grant funds.
- Responsible for compiling figures and text for the submission of publications and presentations as author or co-author.
- May develop, adapt, and implement new research techniques and protocols.
- Performs routine and complex laboratory procedures throughout training period.
- Operates and maintains equipment and instruments.
Experience/Education we are looking for:
- U.S. citizenship or U.S. permanent resident status is required
- Doctorate (MD, PhD, VMD, or DDS) in an area directly related to field of research specialization or related.
- Experience working with mice.
- Works independently on research projects developed by a mentor (typically the PI) in the field of cancer biology.
- Acquires thorough technical and theoretical knowledge of research project and objectives during one to three (1-3) year post-doctoral appointment.
- Experience as a first author in one or more publications on impactful body of work.
- Demonstrated aptitude to perform experimental protocols and procedures, including detailed data collection, and analysis and operation and maintenance of specialized equipment.
- Knowledge of safety standards and maintenance of specialized equipment.
- Ability to function in a team environment and use interpersonal skills to communicate effectively.
Working Title:T32 Postdoctoral Research Fellow (U.S. Citizenship/Residency) - Prostate Cancer
Department:Home Dept - Hem - Onc
Business Entity:Academic / Research
Shift Length:8 hour shift
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu) and COVID-19. For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through April each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment, subject to medical exemption or religious accommodation. For the same reason, you may also be required to receive other vaccines such as COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Cedars-Sinai reserves the right to make modifications to its required list of vaccines as required by law and/or policy.