Postdoctoral Scientist - Bernstein Lab
- Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
- Location: Los Angeles, CA
- Job Number: 7110286 (Ref #: HRC0938588A)
- Posting Date: Sep 11, 2022
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Join Kenneth E. Bernstein, MD as a Postdoctoral Scientist in the Department of Biomedical Sciences!
Kenneth E. Bernstein, MD, joined Cedars-Sinai as the director of the Experimental Pathology Division in 2008. His laboratory has made several important discoveries concerning the role of angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) in blood pressure control, renal function, immune response, reproduction, and hematopoiesis. He recently published an article about the biological functions of ACE in Pharmacological Reviews. Bernstein is the co-recipient of the 2005 Novartis Excellence Award for Hypertension Research and the recipient of the 2007 Basic Research Prize from the American Heart Association. To learn more, please visit Bernstein Research Lab | Cedars-Sinai
Are you ready to be a part of breakthrough research?
Working independently but in close cooperation and in consultation with Dr. Bernstein and other Research Scientists, the Postdoctoral Scientist will perform routine and complex laboratory procedures throughout the training period. The Postdoc may develop, adapt, and implement new research techniques and protocols, as well as analyze and interpret data.
Primary Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- May assist in the preparation of grant proposals, but is not responsible for generating grant funds.
- May participate in publications and presentations as author or co-author.
- Designs and performs experiments. Will keep appropriate experimental records and documentation and analyze the results with the Principal Investigator.
- Analyzes, interprets, summarizes, and compiles data.
- Operates and maintains equipment and instruments.
- May observe MD-patient or MD-human research subject interactions as it pertains directly to the research being performed.
Doctorate (MD, PhD, VMD, or DDS) in area directly related to field of research specialization is required.
Experience and Skills:
- Acquires thorough technical and theoretical knowledge of research projects and objectives during one to five (1-5) year post-doctoral appointment.
- Works independently on research projects designed by a mentor (typically the PI) within the area of specialization.
- Demonstrated aptitude to perform experimental protocols and procedures, including detailed data collection, analysis, and operation.
- Knowledge of safety standards and maintenance of specialized equipment.
Working Title:Postdoctoral Scientist - Bernstein Lab
Business Entity:Academic / Research
Shift Length:8 hour shift
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu) and COVID-19. For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through April each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment, subject to medical exemption or religious accommodation. For the same reason, you may also be required to receive other vaccines such as COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Cedars-Sinai reserves the right to make modifications to its required list of vaccines as required by law and/or policy.