STAFF001284 Staff Research Associate III (Post Doctorate)
- Northern California Institute for Research and Education
- Location: San Francisco, CA
- Job Number: 7110006
- Posting Date: Sep 8, 2022
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Job DescriptionNorthern California Institute for Research and Education (NCIRE) is the leading nonprofit research institute in the United States devoted to advancing Veterans health research. NCIRE is part of one of the world’s most dedicated and successful Veterans care communities, pioneering new treatments and understandings of military medicine and care.
Along with our partners at the San Francisco VA Medical Center and the University of California, San Francisco, we are working to discover and develop effective, safe, and practical treatments for military injuries and diseases affecting Veterans. Through new technologies, novel scientific insights, and international clinical collaborations, we strive to set a new standard of health care research for Veterans and military personnel.
The position involves research studies related to exosome research and cognitive function. Provides scientific knowledge and experience to the project, and initiates and performs specific research projects. Works independently in consultation with the Principal Investigator (PI).
• Create the specific aims to test the working hypothesis by addressing the biological significance of the project and/or by addressing the original or innovative effect of these studies on the concepts or methods that drive the specific scientific field.
• Create conceptual framework and design the experiments or methods to be analyzed. Select adequately developed, well-integrated and appropriate methodologies and/or develop new methodologies by judging their effectiveness on the project.
• Perform the experiments designed for each specific aim with proper performance of all laboratory procedures required for the completion of all experiments in the project.
• Record all experimental data and maintain a notebook in which all methods are described and resulting data are recorded. Each experiment will include an analysis and interpretation.
• Report the data by preparation of oral or written reports required for the project. The preparation of progress reports to funding agencies and the VA, and biosafety and radiation safety approval reports are included.
• Grant application. Based on the hypothesis and the specific aim to be tested, begin to prepare the grant application to support the research projects in consultation with the PI.
• Manuscript preparation. Organize the research data and write the manuscript for
• publication of the research data.
• Presentation at conferences. Organize the research data and perform lecture or present the posters at national or international meetings, symposia or conferences.
• Assist with duties in compliance with safety regulations; maintains working knowledge of the hazardous substances used in the laboratory, antidotes, and safe handling methods; ensures proper disposal of contaminated substances.
• Assumes related responsibilities as required.
Sufficient education, training and/or work experience to demonstrate possession of the following knowledge, skills, and abilities, which would typically be acquired through:
• Experience in a program relevant to the assignment. PhD in molecular/ cell biology with experience and knowledge of extracellular vesicles required for research project.
• PhD with relevant experience required in extracellular vesicles.
• Knowledge and skill in applying analytical and evaluative methods and techniques to issues or studies concerning the efficiency and effectiveness of program operations.
• Proficient in statistical analyses.
• Knowledge of pertinent laws, regulations, policies and precedents which affect the use of program and related support resources in the area studied.
• Skill in conducting detailed analyses of complex functions and work processes.
• Ability to manage multiple projects, tasks and priorities to achieve desired goals.
• Knowledge of principles and practices of data processing.
• Ability to communicate with others and to assimilate and understand information, in a manner consistent with the essential job functions.
• Knowledge of principles and practices of customer service, serving delivery, and service evaluation.
• Ability to maintain physical condition appropriate to the performance of assigned duties and responsibilities which may include sitting for extended periods of time and operating assigned computer equipment.
Please directly apply by cutting and pasting the below link into your browser. Any applications submitted through this job website will not be considered. All interested candidates must only apply using the link below to be considered.
Or apply by visiting us at www.ncire.org and apply for STAFF001284 Staff Research Assoc. III (Post Doctorate).
Northern California Institute for Research and Education (NCIRE) is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Per San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance, Northern California Institute for Research and Education (NCIRE) will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories
• Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.