Postdoctoral Scientist - Innovation in Imaging / Department of Medicine / Division of AIM - Slomka Lab
- Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
- Location: Los Angeles, CA
- Job Number: 7106710 (Ref #: HRC0732858)
- Posting Date: Jul 26, 2022
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
If you are passionate about helping humankind by contributing to research discoveries, we invite to consider this great opportunity and apply today!
When the work you do every single day has a crucial impact on the lives of others, every effort, every detail, and every second matters. This shared culture of happiness, passion, and dedication pulses through Cedars-Sinai, and it’s just one of the many reasons why we rank as one of the top hospitals in the nation by U.S. News & World Report.
Principal Investigator, Piotr Slomka, PhD, is seeking a Postdoctoral Scientist to join the team!
Current research in the Slomka Laboratory focuses on developing innovative methods for fully automated analysis of nuclear cardiology data using novel algorithms and machine learning techniques, and on the development of integrated motion-corrected analysis of positron emission tomography (PET)/computed tomography (CT) angiography imaging. To learn more, please visit the Slomka Research Lab | Cedars-Sinai.
As a Postdoctoral Scientist, you will work under the supervision and mentorship of Piotr Slomka, PhD, Director, Innovation in Imaging, Professor in Division of Artificial Intelligence in Medicine, and Principal Investigator, as part of a medical imaging research and software development team within the Department of Medicine. You will participate in all aspects of the designated study, which aims to optimize diagnosis and risk prediction from medical imaging and treatment guidance by integrating all available imaging and clinical data with state-of-the-art artificial intelligence (AI) methods. Duties include development and implementation of new research techniques and protocols, analysis and interpretation of data, and participation in publications and presentations as an author or co-author to support the objectives of the NIH research project. The individual will work independently, but in close cooperation and consultation with the Mentor/Principal Investigator and other Research Scientists, Programmers, and Physicians.
Primary Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Designs and executes established research projects to support the NIH project objectives under the guidance of the Principal Investigator.
- Develops and tests new image processing and artificial intelligence software methods.
- Demonstrates current knowledge of new research techniques and protocols through scientific literature review and scientific meeting attendance.
- Presents research results at scientific meetings.
- Publishes results in peer-reviewed journals as author and co-author.
- Performs clinical validation of the study.
- Contributes to preparation of new grant proposals/studies as needed.
Experience we are looking for:
- Working Title: Postdoctoral Scientist - Innovation in Imaging / Department of Medicine / Division of AIM - Slomka Lab
- Department: Home Dept - Noble
- Business Entity: Academic / Research
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Academic/Research
- Job Specialty: Postdoctoral
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu) and COVID-19. For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through April each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment, subject to medical exemption or religious accommodation. For the same reason, you may also be required to receive other vaccines such as COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Cedars-Sinai reserves the right to make modifications to its required list of vaccines as required by law and/or policy.