- Noble Research Institute, LLC
- Location: Ardmore, OK
- Job Number: 7105359
- Posting Date: Jul 14, 2022
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Job DescriptionAt Noble, we believe the health of soil, plants, animals and humans is one and indivisible. We believe in rebuilding healthy soils and helping producers maintain a strong bottom line. Through these two actions, we can transform degraded grazing lands across the United States, benefiting the environment and society as a whole.
Our focus is to help farmers and ranchers apply regenerative ranching principles to the nation’s 654 million acres of grazing lands. This monumental undertaking requires thousands of producers across the U.S. to overcome significant barriers and change their current practices to work with nature, not against it.
Our research team plays a critical role in conducting applied research focused on regenerative agriculture to gather the information necessary for farmers and ranchers to triumph over the barriers and ultimately benefit all of society through their efforts. We live to find new ways to communicate usable information so farmers and ranchers can leave their land better at sunset than at sunrise.
So, do you want to join us? We are looking for a Postdoctoral Fellow.
As Postdoctoral Fellow, you will apply your experience and expertise to conduct research and report outcomes that helps Noble share the story of regenerative land stewardship with farmers, ranchers, potential donors and society at large.
Your primary focus will be ecological data analysis for the NSF-EPSCoR grant funded project: Understanding the Effects of Grazing Management on Soil Health and Microbial Communities. The research you conduct can play a part in making a difference in a producer’s operation, their life and the society that depends on them.
• A life-long learner. First and foremost, you must be a passionate learner, personally professionally, everywhere, all the time.
• A strategic thinker. You can see the big picture. You can strategically design, prioritize and execute scientific experiments, ensuring they are connected to the organization’s goal and customer.
• A knowledgeable researcher. You have knowledge in ecology, soil science and microbiology with experience in statistical analysis of ecological data. You can interpret relationships between microbial communities, soil health characteristics and ecological data. You know that the motivating force in all that Noble does begins and ends with the farmer and rancher and you strive to use your knowledge to deliver meaningful research outcomes to assist our customers in their journey to apply the principles of regenerative ranching successfully and profitably.
• A builder of relationships. You promote trusting relationships with open dialogue and an outward mindset. You work to make other employees and our customers successful. You identify, cultivate and steward all relationships in an effort to support Noble’s objectives.
• Conduct applied research, focused on regenerative agriculture, through design, prioritization and execution of scientific experiments. You will document, compile and analyze experimental data and report the data in oral and written reports.
• Optimize data collection and management ensuring all sufficient records are kept and good record keeping practices are followed to document experimental methods, accuracy of data collected and methods and accuracy of data interpretation.
• Interact and coordinate with team members from across the organization, contributing to the development of research priorities using scientific and agile principles within a regenerative ranching systems framework.
• Deliver management-dependent animal and land-based metrics reflective of improving ecological function at scale in grazing animal production for lasting producer profitability. You will disseminate such outcomes for farmer and rancher action to assist them to profitably and regeneratively manage their lands and, when appropriate, seek additional opportunities to benefit science, agriculture and/or public understanding.
• Present research discoveries through scientific presentations to teams, stakeholders and external partners and through publications in scientific, peer-reviewed journals and other media outlets.
• Participate in all phases of the Institute’s Professional Development Program by regularly assessing and modifying the individual development plan, meeting with mentor committee and attending trainings.
• Teach you. We will support you with professional development opportunities that will hone your skills in applied research, project management and leadership.
• Support you. We’re committed to building solutions for each other in addition to our stakeholders. Our team members make time to help, advise, and remove roadblocks with regular collaboration across groups.
• Include you. We come from different parts of the globe and from different walks of life, but we share the vision of our founder, Lloyd Noble, to improve the land for the benefit of all society. Our culture is inclusive, supportive and diverse. We want to be a part of your story and you to help write part of our story. Your perspectives and experience are invaluable. Come grow with us.
• Provide you. We offer competitive salary and benefits, including multiple options for health and retirement plans, employee wellness program, employee recognition program, onsite cafeteria and wellness center. In addition, we have a flexible working environment and organizational support for community involvement and volunteering.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Noble Research Institute, LLC will provide equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship, status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civic partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.