Post Doctoral Associate
- University of Massachusetts Medical School
- Location: Worcester, MA
- Job Number: 7104117
- Posting Date: Jun 27, 2022
- Application Deadline: Aug 27, 2022
The University of Massachusetts Chan Medical School
• Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Postdoctoral Associate in Molecular Neurobiology
A postdoctoral associate position is available in the Richter Lab for a highly motivated candidate with a PhD in molecular biology. neurobiology, or a related discipline.
The Richter Lab is part of a vibrant research environment of the Program in Molecular Medicine at the University of Massachusetts Medical School and is highly collaborative with other labs within and external to UMMS. Work in the lab focuses on understanding the molecular basis of learning and memory, particularly as it relates to neurodevelopmental disorders including Fragile X Syndrome and autism.
The selected candidate will apply a combination of up-to-the-minute molecular techniques to assess mRNA translation and splicing regulation in mouse models of Fragile X Syndrome as well as in human iPSC-derived neurons. The lab performs several types of RNA-seq and ChIP-seq, ribosome profiling, RNA-protein interaction analysis, mouse behavior, neuronal cultures, etc. We are developing new methods to mitigate Fragile X Syndrome.
This project provides an excellent opportunity to learn and further develop a variety of techniques. The selected candidate will work independently to design and execute experiments. Results of this project will be presented at seminars and scientific meetings, which may involve travel. The post-doctoral fellow will also prepare and submit manuscripts.
Qualifications: Education, experience and skills required for consideration:
• Ph. D. in molecular biology, neurobiology, or related disciplines
• Strong work ethic, highly motivated to apply skills towards solving biological problems
• Excellent analytical skills and independent judgement
• Highly collegial and works well as a team member
• Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate with precision and tact
• Meticulous record keeping, proficiency with databases
• Relevant references: Shah et al (2020) Cell Reports 30:4459; Shu et al (2020) PNAS 117:30400; Liu et al (2018) PNAS 115:E11397.
Applicants should submit the following materials by email to [email protected]: a letter describing current research activities and your interest in this position, a CV (including publications), and contact information for three references, one of which should be your Ph.D. advisor.
See Additional Information
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/LY6mmwH2VoM1QuMLSn6Ve