Magnetic 2D Materials Theory R&D Materials Science
- Sandia National Laboratories
- Location: Albuquerque, NM
- Job Number: 7103816 (Ref #: 684107)
- Posting Date: Jun 23, 2022
Job DescriptionPosting Duration: This posting will be open for application submissions for a minimum of seven (7) calendar days, including the ‘posting date’. Sandia reserves the right to extend the posting date at any time. COVID-19 Vaccination Mandate: Sandia demonstrates its commitment to public safety in the national interest by requiring that all new hires be fully vaccinated or have an approved medical or religious accommodation before commencing employment. The requirement also applies to those who are telecommuting and working virtually. Any concerns about the ability to meet this requirement should be directed to HR Solutions at (505) 284-4700. Salary Range: $99,700
- $196,100 *Salary range is estimated, and actual salary will be determined after consideration of the selected candidate¿s experience and qualifications, and application of any approved geographic salary differential. What Your Job Will Be Like: The Nanostructure Physics department is seeking an exceptional scientist to perform high-impact fundamental scientific research in the area of computational/theoretical quantum, magentic, and 2-dimensional materials. We are looking for someone who can partner with experimentalists, contribute to and lead proposals, and collaborate with mult-disciplinary teams in pursuit of discovery science in areas of strategic importance to the Department of Energy. Qualifications We Require: + PhD in Materials Science, Physics, or a closely related discipline and a bachelor's in science, technology, engineering, or mathematics (STEM) + Experience applying ab initio and analytical methods to the study of quantum materials, 2D materials, strongly correlated materials, magnetic materials, and/or superconductors + 3 or more years of experience as a principal investigator + A record of continued successful scientific research as demonstrated by numerous publications in peer-reviewed journals + Able to aquire and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance Qualifications We Desire: + Active participation in professional societies + Experience mentoring postdocs and students + Experience working on projects funded by DOE Office of Science + Desire to collaborate with other scientists and to enable the success of others + Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills About Our Team: The Nanostructure Physics Department is dedicated to establishing the scientific principles that govern the design, performance, and integration of nanoscale materials into microscale and macroscale systems and devices.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs: + Challenging work with amazing impact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide + Extraordinary co-workers + Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world + Career advancement and enrichment opportunities + Flexible work arrangements for many positions include 9/80 (work 80 hours every two weeks, with every other Friday off) and 4/10 (work 4 ten-hour days each week) compressed workweeks, part-time work, and telecommuting (a mix of onsite work and working from home) + Generous vacations, strong medical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance* World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov*These benefits vary by job classification.
Sandia is required by DOE to conduct a pre-employment drug test and background review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law enforcement records, and employment/education verifications. Applicants for employment need to be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold more than one citizenship (i.e., of the U.S. and another country), your ability to obtain a security clearance may be impacted. Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by DOE, resulting in the inability to perform the duties assigned and subsequent termination of employment. EEO: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status and any other protected class under state or federal law. Job ID: 684107
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.