Postdoctoral Fellow – Alex Yuan Lab
- Cleveland Clinic
- Location: Cleveland, OH
- Job Number: 7101193 (Ref #: ccf15507684)
- Posting Date: Apr 8, 2022
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Looking for an organized and motivated individual to carry out experiments, collect and analyze data, and prepare manuscripts. The senior postdoc or research associate will be given a large degree of independence to plan and conduct experiments under the direction of the PI. Opportunities to explore other research interests of the applicant would also be available. The research associate will collaborate with and be supported by a full-time lab manager. Individuals with traditional career paths (academic) or alternative paths (industry or non-academic) are encouraged to apply.
In addition to his role as PI, Dr. Yuan has clinical responsibilities on the medical and surgical retina service. For the highly motivated individual, opportunities to conduct clinical research are also available.
Principal Investigator: Alex Yuan, MD, PhD
Lab Research Topics:
- Molecular biology
- Gene therapy
- Animal models
- For more information about the lab’s research, please contact Dr. Alex Yuan at [email protected]
- Independent project design with the goal of data generation, analysis, interpretation and manuscript preparation
- Design and carry out experiments
- Analyze data
- Manage laboratory personnel
- Prepare manuscripts
- PhD or MD/PhD required
- MD with relevant laboratory experience may substitute for PhD
- English Proficiency proof required for candidates arriving on J-1, J-2, or F1 + OPT visa status
- Previous experience in a research or academic setting. Graduate student experience meets this requirement.
- Scientific writing experience
Additional Preferred Qualities:
- Willing to take on leadership role
- Able to multitask
- Good communication skills
Personal Protective Equipment:
- PPE per institutional requirements; may vary by laboratory
Preferred Application Materials:
All application materials should be submitted directly via email to Dr. Alex Yuan at [email protected].
- Contact information for 3 references
Keywords: Postdoc, Research, LRI, Cell biology, Clinical research, Translational research, Lentivirus, AAV, Adeno-associated virus, Gene editing
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.