Applied Postdoc Fellow
- H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center
- Location: Tampa, FL
- Job Number: 7098928 (Ref #: hlj_37291)
- Posting Date: Apr 29, 2022
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Now hiring an Applied Postdoc Fellow in the Laboratory of Dr. Aik Choon Tan (http://tanlab.org ) at the H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center & Research Institute. We are looking for a talented, energetic and highly motivated individual to join our lab to "contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer"! The research fellow will have the opportunity to be trained by computational and experimental mentors, and will be supervised by Dr. Aik Choon Tan. He/she will have the opportunity to collaborate with cutting-edge oncology research groups at the Moffitt Cancer Center and work on translational research projects.
- Opportunity to work in exciting translational cancer research projects in a multi-disciplinary team science setting.
- Participate in advanced cancer genomics and cancer systems biology research projects.
- Outstanding mentorship from expert faculty with wide-ranging funded research programs.
- Work at the intersection of data science and cancer research.
- Translating bioinformatics research in clinical trials.
The Ideal Candidate:
- The successful applicant will have completed (or be close to completing) a Ph.D. or M.D./Ph.D. in an applied quantitative discipline. This includes, but is not limited to, Computer Science, Informatics, Biostatistics, Population/Evolutionary Genomics, Pharmacology or Applied Mathematics.
- The applicant should have a strong interest in either basic or translational research. A track record of applying computational and/or statistical models to solve biological problems is desired.
- Experience in common programming languages is needed (e.g., R, Python, C, Java, Perl).
- Experience in machine learning or deep learning methods.
- Preference will be given to applicants with strong evidence of productivity, creativity, and self-motivation.
- A track record of conference poster and/or oral presentations, and first author peer-reviewed publications, is expected.
- Works closely with the Principal Investigator to manage, analyze and interpret data.
- Contribute to peer-reviewed publications.
- Present results in conferences and meetings.
- Communicate effectively in team science settings.
- Contribute to rigor and reproducible data science research.
Credentials and Qualifications:
- MD or PhD in Computer Science, Bioinformatics, Informatics, Biostatistics, Computational Biology, Biomedical Informatics, Statistics, Population/Evolutionary Genomics, Geomics, Cancer Biology, Pharmacology or Applied Mathematics.
- Should have at least one first Author publication.
You will be eligible for benefits offered to our Team Members – Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Time Off, Retirement, Parental Leave and more. With a move to Tampa, you may be eligible for relocation allowance. Reason to relocate, aside from the sunshine, beaches and year-round outdoor recreation associated with the Gulf Coast of Florida, Tampa is a thriving metropolitan city with unique cultural attractions and a high quality of life. We strive for work/life balance.
If you have the vision, passion, and dedication to contribute to our mission,
then we have a place for you.
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.