Postdoctoral Fellow - Christine O'Connor Lab
- Cleveland Clinic
- Location: Cleveland, OH
- Job Number: 7096669 (Ref #: 24255435264)
- Posting Date: Mar 30, 2022
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
We are seeking a highly motivated individual for a post-doctoral position in the laboratory of Christine O’Connor, PhD in the Department of Genomic Medicine at the Cleveland Clinic. This position is for highly motivated, enthusiastic candidates with a strong background in molecular/cellular biology, virology, immunology, and/or related field. Research topics include: 1) understanding altered host cell signaling during cytomegalovirus (CMV) latency and reactivation; and 2) the function(s) of the CMV-encoded G-protein coupled receptors (GPCRs) during infection. Qualified individuals should hold a PhD and/or MD and have strong laboratory, analytical, and communication skills. Candidates with experience in virology and/or immunology are strongly encouraged to apply.
Ideal candidates have:
- A PhD and/or MD in microbiology, virology, molecular biology, cell biology, or related field.
- Extensive experience in tissue culture and molecular/cellular biology techniques (e.g. RNA/DNA manipulation, cloning, protein analyses). Virology background is not required, but is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to be highly motivated and organized, detail-oriented, a critical thinker, and able to work independently as well as in teams.
- Exceptional communication skills (both oral and written).
Principal Investigator: Christine O'Connor, PhD
Lerner Research Institute Department: Genomic Medicine
Lab Research Topics:
- Cell signal
- Host-pathogen relationships
- For more information about the lab’s research, please visit: https://www.lerner.ccf.org/gmi/oconnor/ or contact Dr. O'Connor at [email protected]
- Conducting research aimed at understanding altered cell signaling during cytomegalovirus latency and reactivation.
- Planning, organizing, performing, and monitoring daily activities related to the project protocols and goals.
- Preparing, collecting, and maintaining required research project documentation and data.
- Leading, assisting, and contributing to the preparation of internal and external presentations, reports, and manuscript publications.
- PhD or MD/PhD required
- MD with relevant laboratory experience may substitute for PhD
- English Proficiency proof required for candidates arriving on J-1, J-2, or F1 + OPT visa status
- Previous experience in a research or academic setting. Graduate student experience meets this requirement.
- Scientific writing experience
Additional Preferred Qualities:
- Participating and presenting in lab meetings, as well as departmental and institute seminars
Personal Protective Equipment:
- PPE per institutional requirements; may vary by laboratory
Preferred Application Materials:
Interested candidates should submit a current CV, description of past research experience and accomplishments, summary of current and future research interests, selected publication reprints, as well as the names and contact information of three referees to: Christine O’Connor, email: [email protected]
Keywords: Postdoc, Research, LRI
The policy of Cleveland Clinic Health System and its system hospitals (Cleveland Clinic Health System) is to provide equal opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic Health System's Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions after 90 days.
Cleveland Clinic Health System administers an influenza prevention program as well as a COVID-19 vaccine program. You will be required to comply with both programs, which will include obtaining an influenza vaccination, COVID-19 vaccination, or an exemption.
Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law. Information provided on this application may be shared with any Cleveland Clinic Health System facility.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster
Cleveland Clinic Health System is pleased to be an equal employment employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.