Postdoctoral Research Associates - NRC Research Associateship Programs
- National Research Council of the National Academies
- Location: Various locations in the U.S., DC
- Job Number: 7096561
- Posting Date: Mar 28, 2022
Job DescriptionThe National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine administers postdoctoral and senior research awards at participating federal laboratories and affiliated institutions at locations throughout the U.S and abroad.
We are seeking highly qualified candidates who hold, or anticipate earning, a doctorate in a variety of fields of science or engineering. Degrees from foreign universities should be equivalent in training and research experience to a doctoral degree from a U.S. institution. Citizenship eligibility varies among the sponsoring laboratories.
Application deadline dates (four annual review cycles):
• February 1
• May 1
• August 1
• November 1
Awardees have the opportunity to:
• Conduct independent research in an area compatible with the interests of the sponsoring laboratory
• Devote full-time effort to research and publication
• Access the excellent and often unique facilities of the federal research enterprise
• Collaborate with leading scientists and engineers at the sponsoring laboratories
Awardee benefits include:
• Stipends ranging from $45,000 to $87,000; may be higher based on experience
• Health insurance (including dental and vision), relocation benefits, and a professional travel allowance
For detailed program information, to search Research Opportunities, and to contact prospective Research Adviser(s) visit www.nas.edu/rap.
The National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine value diversity in our members, volunteers, and staff and strive for a culture of inclusion in our workplace and activities. Convening a diverse community to exchange ideas and perspectives enhances the quality of our work and increases our relevance as advisers to the nation about the most complex issues facing the nation and the world. To promote diversity and inclusion in the sciences, engineering, and medicine, we are committed to increasing the diversity of the National Academies’ staff, members, and volunteers to reflect the populations we serve. We pledge to cultivate an environment and culture that promotes inclusion and values respectful participation of all individuals who help advance the mission of the institution.