Postdoctoral Fellow - Christine McDonald Lab
- Cleveland Clinic
- Location: Cleveland, OH
- Job Number: 7096127 (Ref #: 25556730608)
- Posting Date: Mar 21, 2022
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
We are looking for an individual interested in understanding mechanisms of host defense against bacterial infection and the consequences of dysfunctional defenses in the context of skin and intestinal disease. Research questions will be addressed in a variety of experimental systems ranging from primary cell culture, analysis of patient samples, to pre-clinical models of disease. An ideal candidate will have excellent organizational skills and an attention to detail, as well as enjoy working as part of a team.
Principal Investigator: Christine McDonald, PhD
Lerner Research Institute Department: Inflammation & Immunity
Lab Research Topics:
- Bacterial infection
- Wound healing
- Host-microbe interactions
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Skin cancer
- For more information about the lab’s research, please visit: https://www.lerner.ccf.org/immuno/mcdonald/ or contact Dr. McDonald at [email protected]
- Independent project design with the goal of data generation, analysis, interpretation and manuscript preparation
- Lead independent research project
- Maintain detailed documentation
- Assist/train others on the research team
- Communicate effectively orally & in writing
- PhD or MD/PhD required
- MD with relevant laboratory experience may substitute for PhD
- English Proficiency proof required for candidates arriving on J-1, J-2, or F1 + OPT visa status
- Previous experience in a research or academic setting. Graduate student experience meets this requirement.
- Scientific writing experience
Additional Preferred Qualities:
- Experience in primary cell culture
- Proficient in molecular/cellular biology
- Experience with animal models
- Attention to detail
- Collaborative nature
Personal Protective Equipment:
- PPE per institutional requirements; may vary by laboratory
Preferred Application Materials:
All application materials should be submitted directly via email to Dr. McDonald at [email protected].
- Statement of research interests
Keywords: Postdoc, Research, LRI, Infection, Antibiotic-Resistant Bacteria, Inflammatory Bowel Disease, Wound Healing, Sepsis, NOD2, Pattern Recognition Receptors, Skin, Intestine, Translational Research
The policy of Cleveland Clinic Health System and its system hospitals (Cleveland Clinic Health System) is to provide equal opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic Health System's Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions after 90 days.
Cleveland Clinic Health System administers an influenza prevention program as well as a COVID-19 vaccine program. You will be required to comply with both programs, which will include obtaining an influenza vaccination, COVID-19 vaccination, or an exemption.
Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law. Information provided on this application may be shared with any Cleveland Clinic Health System facility.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster
Cleveland Clinic Health System is pleased to be an equal employment employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.