Postdoctoral Fellow in Peripheral Nerve Regeneration
- Indiana University School of Medicine
- Location: Indianapolis, IN
- Job Number: 7091014
- Posting Date: Dec 22, 2021
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Job DescriptionThe laboratory of Dr. Erin Weber, within the Division of Plastic Surgery and the Department of Surgery at the Indiana University School of Medicine, is seeking a highly motivated and independent post-doctoral fellow to study peripheral nerve regeneration. The project focuses on the identification of signaling pathways which determine the specificity of human motor versus sensory peripheral nerve regeneration towards individual distal targets following injury. Molecular, cell, and animal-based methodologies will be utilized. As the laboratory is associated with the Indiana Center for Regenerative Medicine and Engineering (ICRME), collaboration with other research teams is highly encouraged. This project is supported by internal grant funding.
• Ph.D. or equivalent terminal degree in biochemistry, cell and molecular biology, or stem cells and regenerative medicine.
• Experience with animal handling, cell culture, and basic molecular biology methods. Experience with single-cell or RNA sequencing is desirable, but not necessary.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
• Motivated, self-driven, and able to work independently with limited direct supervision.
• Able to multitask and show interest in contributing to several projects ongoing in the lab.
• Interested in collaborating with other members of the Indiana Center for Regenerative Medicine and Engineering to learn new techniques and advance new ideas.
• Will be expected to write manuscripts and give regular presentations within the lab.
• Will be expected to present at scientific meetings and conferences.
• Over time, may be expected to work with and mentor students from various levels of training.
Please apply via this quick link: https://indiana.peopleadmin.com/postings/10907 and please be prepared to upload:
• a CV
• Letter of Interest – in this document please be sure to include in a brief description of research interests and past research experience
• The names and contact information for three references