TECHNICAL DEVELOPMENT MANAGER FOR HOME AND PERSONAL CARE, THE SUSTAINABIITY CONSORTIUM
- Arizona State University
- Location: Tempe, AZ
- Job Number: 7087180 (Ref #: 72749BR)
- Posting Date: Oct 14, 2021
- Application Deadline: Nov 15, 2021
Job DescriptionTechnical Development Manager for Home and Personal Care, The Sustainability Consortium
Arizona State University
The Sustainability Consortium
The THESIS Technical Development Manager for Home and Personal Care (HPC) will be responsible for The Sustainability Consortium’s (TSC) research and program activities as assigned across home and personal care products and other related sectors. The primary responsibilities support THESIS, TSC’s independent, science-based, holistic sustainability performance solution, to ensure continued global impact. This position is based at ASU and is a part of a global, dedicated team working to bring the best sustainability science to the consumer goods industry to create more sustainable products. TSC is a fast-moving, family-friendly, entrepreneurial organization where flexibility is valued, and all voices are heard. The position works directly with the Senior Director of Science and Research Applications. This position works with diverse stakeholders to bring science to business to drive positive sustainability impact at scale. This position is the main point of contact for leading companies in Home and Personal Care and is responsible for carrying forward TSC’s mission to make all products are sustainable.
$60,000-$75,000 per year; DOE
The Manager is responsible for the following:
(40%) THESIS Research and Development
• Develop sustainability Key Performance Indicators (metrics) and accompanying guidance, improvement opportunities, action recommendations, supply chain diagrams, and sustainability snapshots for HPC THESIS Assessments.
• Analyze THESIS performance data and qualitative feedback to identify and implement necessary revisions
• Develop user interpretation guides for THESIS quantitative metrics
• Develop content for supplier improvement plans
• Stay current with science of HPC-related sustainability issues to identify and implement necessary content revisions.
• Research new product categories or products, as needed, to develop new assessments.
• Act as technical lead in development of HPC-related THESIS Industry Insights (minimum 2 per year)
(25%) THESIS Impact Services
• Develop THESIS Help Center videos
• Act as primary HPC expert with stakeholders, including TSC Members and THESIS users (e.g., members requiring advisory services, THESIS Help Desk inquiries, retailer, and supplier support services, etc.)
(25%) Innovation Project Research
• Identify projects to drive impact in HPC sustainability including green chemistry and circularity topics such as sustainable feedstock and resource recovery solutions.
• Engage with TSC members in HPC sector to identify needs .
• identify project opportunities
• Acquire project funding (with support of TSC Leadership staff).
• Lead project deliverables.
(10%) Stakeholder Engagement
• Assist in recruitment of new TSC members.
• Support specific activities of the Innovation Program and Sustainability Leadership Institute, as needed.
• develop and lead content creation for TSC’s annual Summit.
• Represent TSC at industry conferences, which may require developing and leading conference sessions.
• Speak, listen, and write in a clear, thorough, and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques to keep all deliverables on schedule and of the highest quality.
• Provide collaboration and support to other departments, specifically Marketing & Communications, and Development to drive TSC’s overall mission.
• Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in a field appropriate to the area of assignment AND five (5) years of related administrative experience, which includes three (3) years of supervisory experience; OR, Nine (9) years of related administrative experience, which includes three (3) years of supervisory experience; OR, Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
• Evidence of a Masters or Doctoral degree in toxicology, chemistry, chemical engineering, physiology, biology, biochemistry, or another related field.
• Technical or research experience in home and personal care product formulation and testing.
• Corporate experience in a related field.
• Experience in collaborating with supply chain or procurement function.
• Experience creating sustainability metrics.
• Experience with global and regional stakeholder engagement.
• Experience independently planning and managing projects.
• Experience in writing research proposals and obtaining research funding.
• Experience leading media interviews.
• Experience creating business-facing, science-based, sustainability resources.
• A demonstrated global perspective and experience working with global teams.
• Experience in writing and publishing.
• Evidence in having cultural sensitivity.
• Activities are primarily performed in a regular, climate-controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, standing, walking.
• Visual acuity and manual dexterity associated with daily use of desktop computer; bending, stooping, reaching, and lifting up to 20 pounds.
• Ability to clearly communicate to perform essential duties.
• Regular review of completed tasks.
The Sustainability Consortium (TSC) is a global non-profit organization transforming the consumer goods industry to deliver more sustainable consumer products. We work to enable a world where people can lead fulfilled lives in a way that decouples their impacts on people and the planet. TSC’s THESIS Impact Team helps retailers, brands and manufacturers get the most out of The Sustainability Insight System, or THESIS. We are trained to help companies identify, prioritize, and address sustainability impacts in their supply chains. THESIS is the independent, science-based, holistic sustainability performance solution that allows brands and manufacturers to understand the sustainability story of their products. And then tell that story to retailers, investors, consumers, and NGOs. THESIS is used by over 1,700 of the biggest consumer brands and manufacturers in the world, covering products worth around $1 trillion in annual sales. THESIS is seeing a 5-10% year-on-year improvement in supply chain transparency and sustainability performance.
This position is based out of Arizona State University’s Scottsdale campus and is part of a global, dedicated team working to bring the best sustainability science to the consumer goods industry to create more sustainable products. TSC is a fast-moving, family-friendly, entrepreneurial organization where flexibility is valued, and all voices are heard.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 100,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit https://wellness.asu.edu/explore-wellness/body/alcohol-and-drugs/tobacco
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Notice of Availability of the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf. You may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU Police Department at 480-965-3456.
Relocation Assistance – For information about schools, housing child resources, neighborhoods, hospitals, community events, and taxes, visit https://cfo.asu.edu/relocation-services.
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Instructions to Apply
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
IMPORTANT NOTE: What is the meaning of “equivalent combination” in the minimum qualifications? It means one year of higher education or 24 credit hours, is equal to one year of experience. For example, a four year Bachelor’s degree is equal to four years of experience.
To apply please go to www.asu.edu/asujobs/ see Req Id#72749BR