Postdoctoral Appointee –In situ synthesis of Solid-State Electrolytes
- Argonne National Laboratory
- Location: Lemont, IL
- Job Number: 7087109
- Posting Date: Oct 13, 2021
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Job DescriptionA Postdoctoral Appointee position funded for a 2-year period is available within Structural Science group (SRS) in the X-ray Science Division (XSD) at the Advanced Photon Source. The research will be focused on development of new experimental approaches and sample environments for solvothermal synthesis to probe synthetic conditions of solid-state electrolytes in-situ, during synchrotron-based X-ray scattering experiments (e.g. X-ray powder diffraction and pair distribution function methods). The Structural Science group (SRS) in the X-ray Science Division (XSD) at the Advanced Photon Source (APS) enables world-class research using high-energy X-rays by developing cutting edge X-ray instrumentation and techniques, and pursuing research in the physical, chemical, environmental, and materials sciences with a main emphasis on in situ and operando experiments. To accomplish this mission, SRS fully operates four independent beamlines in the photon energy range between 27 to 106 keV.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
• Experience in conducting in situ and operando synchrotron experiments
• Development of sample environments experiments especially using beamlines at synchrotrons.
• Development of software related to the control of sample environments and data acquisition for beamline experiments is a plus
• Skill in oral and written communication of scientific results and experimental plans.
• Ability to work well in a team environment
• Background in synthesis
• Knowledge of diffraction theory, crystallography, and approaches to advanced analysis including structural refinement and modeling.
• Design and commissioning of optics and instrumentation at synchrotron facilities
Requires a PhD in physics, chemistry, materials science and related disciplines obtained within last three years.
Argonne is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity in our workforce. As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, Argonne National Laboratory is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that fosters collaborative scientific discovery and innovation. In support of this commitment, Argonne prohibits discrimination or harassment based on an individual's age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.