Postdoctoral Research Associate
- University of Connecticut - Department of Physiology and Neurobiology
- Location: Storrs, CT
- Job Number: 7085016
- Posting Date: Sep 9, 2021
- Application Deadline: Nov 4, 2021
Job DescriptionJOB SUMMARY
Two postdoctoral positions are currently available in the lab of Dr. Jianzhong Yu at the Department of Physiology and Neurobiology, University of Connecticut. The lab uses a combination of genetic, cell biology, molecular and biochemical approaches with various model systems including Drosophila, mice, and cell cultures to decipher the molecular mechanisms underlying related human diseases.
The focus of the positions is to understand the molecular mechanisms underlying organ size control and tumorigenesis, with specific emphasis on understanding the molecular mechanisms of the Hippo signaling pathway and mTOR/Insulin signaling pathway. The project will be focused on characterization of novel growth regulators identified through our recent large-scale genetic screens.
More information on our research can be found at: https://pnb.uconn.edu/person/jianzhong-yu/ and https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=_fVs16oAAAAJ&hl=en
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Designing and executing research experiments:
- Conduct studies of related literature and research to support the design of research projects;
- Conduct molecular bench work and cell culture work;
- Confocal/fluorescence microscopy analysis;
Data record and analysis:
- Report project progress and data analysis;
- Draft scientific manuscripts;
- Supervise technicians, students, and undergraduates in the lab.
- Ph.D. related to biological or biomedical sciences
- Research experience in the areas of biochemistry, molecular or cellular biology
- Ability to do independent management of the project
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional research productivity
- Experience with mouse work
- Background with fly genetics
These positions are full-time, 12-month appointments. The positions may be annually renewable based on performance, budget, and needs of the department and college.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Employment at the University of Connecticut is contingent upon the successful candidate’s compliance with the University’s Mandatory Workforce COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. This Policy states that all workforce members are required to have or obtain a Covid-19 vaccination as a term and condition of employment at UConn, unless an exemption or deferral has been approved.
Employment of the successful candidate is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check.
Please apply online at https://hr.uconn.edu/jobs, Staff Positions, Search #495513, and upload a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three (3) professional references.
This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:55 p.m. Eastern time on November 4, 2021.
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics which may be found at http://www.ct.gov/ethics/site/default.asp.
The University of Connecticut is committed to building and supporting a multicultural and diverse community of students, faculty and staff. The diversity of students, faculty and staff continues to increase, as does the number of honors students, valedictorians and salutatorians who consistently make UConn their top choice. More than 100 research centers and institutes serve the University’s teaching, research, diversity, and outreach missions, leading to UConn’s ranking as one of the nation’s top research universities. UConn’s faculty and staff are the critical link to fostering and expanding our vibrant, multicultural and diverse University community. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer, UConn encourages applications from women, veterans, people with disabilities and members of traditionally underrepresented populations.
Physiology and Neurobiology