Postdoctoral Research Fellow in Diabetes with research focus on the brain and beta-cells
- University of Rochester Medical Center
- Location: Rochester, NY
- Job Number: 7076771
- Posting Date: Apr 6, 2021
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Job DescriptionDepartment: Medicine
Division: Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
Laboratory: Chhabra lab, https://www.urmc.rochester.edu/labs/chhabra.aspx
Position and Research Summary
The Department of Medicine, Division of Endocrinology, at the University of Rochester is hiring a Postdoctoral Research Fellow to work in Dr. Kavaljit Chhabra’s lab. A major focus of the Chhabra lab is to determine how the brain and pancreatic beta-cells regulate blood glucose levels in health and diabetes using mouse models. More information about the research can be found in these publications: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/?term=kavaljit+chhabra&sort=date
The Chhabra lab uses a multidisciplinary approach in mice and in vitro models to identify mechanisms that control glucose transport by the brain in health and diabetes.
The Division of Endocrinology provides research fellows with an outstanding scientific environment conducive to research success, including access to state-of-the-art Core Laboratories such as Mass Spectrometry Resource / Proteomics, Advanced Microscopy, RNA and DNA Sequencing, Flow Cytometry and Animal Care facilities: https://www.urmc.rochester.edu/research/shared-resource-labs.aspx.
The University of Rochester Medical Center has an active Postdoc Association that provides highly enriched environment for the fellows including career development workshops. More information about postdoc activities and opportunities is available on this webpage, https://www.urmc.rochester.edu/education/post-doctoral/association.aspx.
Required Qualifications and Responsibilities
• Applicants must have a PhD and/or MD in a related field and at least one first-author publication in a peer reviewed journal to be considered for this position. Moreover, research experience in cell and molecular biology as well as in studying in vivo metabolism using mouse models is required.
• Self-motivation, passion and dedication for science; organizational skills; excellent interpersonal, verbal and written English skills are essential for this position. Salary will be based on the stipend level recommended by the NIH, https://grants.nih.gov/grants/guide/notice-files/NOT-OD-21-049.html
How to Apply
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a single electronic file (PDF or Word) that includes a cover letter summarizing qualifications, professional goals and how they align with this position; curriculum vitae with list of publications and contact information of three references to Kavaljit_Chhabra@URMC.Rochester.Edu
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
The University of Rochester is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong commitment to diversity. Applicants from groups underrepresented in higher education are highly encouraged to apply.