Postdoctoral Fellow - IMMUNOLOGY
- University of Texas Health Science Center – McGovern Medical School
- Location: Houston, TX
- Job Number: 7076320
- Posting Date: Mar 24, 2021
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Job DescriptionA postdoctoral fellow position is immediately available in McGovern Medical School at the University of Texas Health Science Center in Houston, Texas. We are looking for a highly motivated researcher with a with a strong background in cellular and molecular immunology, and previous hands-on experience with mouse models of immunological diseases to study the role of DHHC protein palmitoyl transferases in regulation of the immune system. The goal of our laboratory is to introduce a novel family of regulatory enzymes into the canonical T cell signaling pathway and identify the DHHC family of enzymes as a promising therapeutic target in diseases associated with altered immune system homeostasis.
• PhD or equivalent degree;
• Background in immunology;
• Prior experience with mouse models of immunological diseases;
• Knowledge of cellular and molecular biology techniques, proficiency in basic immunology techniques.
Please send a cover letter, curriculum vitae and three names of reference to Askar M. Akimzhanov, Ph.D.
Please use the subject line “Postdoc in Akimzhanov Lab” in your email.
The University of Texas is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. M/F/D/V. This is a security sensitive position and thereby subject to Texas Education Code § 51.215. A background check will be required for the final candidate.