Postdoctoral Fellowship - Photonics Laboratory
- KAUST (King Abdullah University of Science and Technology)
- Location: Thuwal, Saudi Arabia
- Job Number: 7071173
- Posting Date: Oct 20, 2020
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Job DescriptionPostdoctoral Fellowship - Photonics Laboratory
KAUST is an international graduate-level, merit-based research university dedicated to advancing scientific and technological education and research, acting as a catalyst for innovation, economic development and social prosperity in the region and the world. Our research strives to enhance the welfare of society with a special focus on four areas of global significance – food, water, energy and the environment. Based near Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, KAUST has attracted top-notch faculty and staff from all over the world, with more than 80 nations represented on campus.
We are seeking to fill a Postdoctoral Fellowship position in the Photonics Laboratory at KAUST. The postdoctoral researcher will develop fiber optic sensors to monitor various environmental parameters, including temperature, vibrations, strain, etc. The experimental work will be performed within the laboratory environment and in fields.
Qualifications and expectations:
• A completed PhD in a relevant field (Electrical/electronic Engineering or similar).
• Proficiency in spoken and written English.
• Creative and self-motivated personality with interest in fundamental and applied science.
• Excellent problem-solving skills.
• A record of publications in quality, peer reviewed journals.
• Experience with fiber optic sensing and optical systems.
• Experience with hardware development and prototyping.
• Conduct software development, using Matlab, Labview, etc., for electrical components in optical systems.
• Develop electric and electronic modules required for optical systems.
How to apply:
Please send your detailed CV and a cover letter combined in a single pdf document by email to: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.