Postdoctoral Research Associate for Wearable Electronics
- University of Texas at Austin
- Location: Austin, TX
- Job Number: 7071042
- Posting Date: Oct 15, 2020
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
1. A Ph.D. in electrical engineering or biomedical engineering specialized in wearable electronics with expertise in three or more of the following areas: embedded systems, circuit design, flexible electronics, human subject measurements, signal processing, and data analytics.
2. Knowledge in physiology, kinesiology, and/or tech commercialization is a plus
3. Strong written and communication skills
4. Strong publication record
5. Self-motivated, creative, collaborative, resourceful, accountable, coachable
6. Targeting a faculty job after postdoc
7. US citizenship or permanent residency not required by preferred
1. Lead projects on wireless e-tattoo sensor networks for continuous, multimodal physiology monitor
2. Recruit human subject and perform tests
3. Assist the PI with mentoring graduate and undergraduate students
4. Assist the PI with lab management
5. Assist the PI with writing and presenting progress reports to funding agencies
6. Assist the PI with grant proposal writing
PI bio: Dr. Nanshu Lu is currently Temple Foundation Endowed tenured Associate Professor at the University of Texas at Austin. She received her B.Eng. from Tsinghua University, Beijing, Ph.D. from Harvard University, and Beckman Postdoctoral Fellowship at UIUC. Her research concerns the design, manufacture, and human integration of soft electronics. She has published more than 90 journal articles which received more than 14,000 citations. She has been named 35 innovators under 35 by MIT Technology Review (TR 35), iCANx/ACS Nano Rising Star, and IAAM (International Association of Advanced Materials) fellow. She has received 3M non-tenured faculty award, the US NSF CAREER Award, as well as multiple DOD Young Investigator Awards.
If interested and qualified, please e-mail your application to Prof. Nanshu Lu (email@example.com), including a brief cover letter, CV, and the names and contact information of three references.