POST DOC FELLOW
- H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center
- Location: Tampa, FL
- Job Number: 7070501 (Ref #: hlj_27474)
- Posting Date: Oct 1, 2020
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
A Postdoctoral Research Fellow position is available in the laboratory of Dr. Shari Pilon-Thomas, Department of Immunology. Our research is focused on developing translational immunotherapy for the treatment of solid tumors.
· We seek a highly motivated, team-oriented individual interested in translational immunotherapy research for the treatment of solid tumors. Applicants should have less than two years post-doctoral experience.
The Ideal Candidate:
· Demonstrates proficiency in basic immunology techniques, including flow cytometry.
· Is well-experienced in culturing mammalian cell lines and primary mammalian cells
· Has experience working with mouse models of cancer and demonstrates a working knowledge of mouse genetics and basic mouse husbandry
· Learn research techniques that directly relate to the program's scientific projects and goals with appropriate direction and supervision.
· Plan, conduct and document experiments independently; evaluate and interpret data with guidance
· Develop scientific writing and presentation skills, including grant proposals, manuscript preparation and formal seminars
· Present research findings to the Moffitt scientific community and at national scientific meetings
Credentials and Qualifications:
· MD or Ph.D. in Immunology, Cancer Biology, or other related field.
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.