Post Doctoral Research Scholar - College of Education
- Boise State University
- Location: Boise, ID
- Job Number: 7068386
- Posting Date: Jul 29, 2020
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Job DescriptionAbout Us: Boise State University, powered by creativity and innovation, stands uniquely positioned in the Northwest as a metropolitan research university of distinction. Learn more about Boise State and the City of Boise at https://www.boisestate.edu/about/boise-and-beyond/. Boise State University is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, staff, students, and academic program offerings and to strengthening sensitivity to diversity throughout the institution. Boise State University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, and members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply. We are a welcoming campus that supports diversity and inclusion.
Job Summary/Basic Function:
Serves as an independent researcher, or a collaborator on a multi-scholar research initiative, and may have lead responsibility for discrete components of a larger project under the general direction of a senior or principal researcher.
After earning a PhD, the next step in the academic career path is often a postdoc. A postdoc is a continuation of a researcher’s training that allows them to further their professional development and start to transition from student to independent researcher. Postdocs also often take additional leadership or teaching responsibilities in their lab or department. These positions are usually two to three years and it is not unusual for a researcher to do more than one postdoc
● Working with current faculty and students on fieldwork, data analysis, etc.
● Write and submit papers and/or reports for work performed
● Remaining responsibilities are customized to position
● May need to travel to research sites and present at conferences
● Problem solving research challenges and model development
• Conduct literature reviews & prepare and publish manuscripts
• Assist professional development activities for teachers in classroom settings
• Work with teachers and the project team to design, develop, and implement lesson or unit plans integrating computational thinking (CT) and project-based learning into STEM subject areas
• Develop survey instrument
• Collect and analyze quantitative and qualitative data (video and interview)
• Develop and maintain project website
• Assist with writing grant proposals
● Perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
● Written and verbal communication skills.
● The selected candidate must be able to meet eligibility requirements for work in the United States at the time the appointment is scheduled to begin and to continue working legally for the proposed term of the appointment.
● Familiarization with mapping
● Excellent teamwork and communication skills.
● Scientific writing skills demonstrated through peer reviewed publications
Requires a minimum of PH.D. (or equivalent terminal degree in a relevant discipline), or Master’s (or equivalent) degree, plus at least 5 years of relevant post-master’s professional work experience, or in rare instances, a Bachelor’s (or equivalent degree, plus at least 8 years of exceptional relevant professional experience will be considered.