Director of Public Affairs
- Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation
- Location: Oklahoma City, OK
- Job Number: 7063396 (Ref #: 1808616)
- Posting Date: Feb 5, 2020
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Job DescriptionPosting Number: 000170
Position Type: Administrative
Department: Public Affairs
Job Summary/Basic Function:
Over the past decade, OMRF has established itself as the leading voice of health and medical research in Oklahoma. As the individual responsible for leading OMRF's communications efforts, the Director of Public Affairs will be responsible for maintaining and expanding the foundation's public profile through outreach and messaging. Reporting to the Senior Vice President and General Counsel, the Director of Public Affairs will lead a staff of communications professionals and be responsible for developing and coordinating all non-scientific communications for the foundation. Responsibilities
• A Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism or other field that incorporates significant writing skills is required • A minimum of 10 years of combined experience in media, an agency and/or in-house in a marketing/communications function • Extensive writing, editing and content creation experience, including the editorial production of print and online publications, websites, newsletters, press releases and marketing literature • Proven ability to cultivate and maintain relationships with members of the media to place stories and achieve high-impact coverage • Demonstrated experience and leadership in managing a comprehensive strategic communications, media relations and marketing program that advances an organization’s mission • Proven ability to use social media and other forms of new media to catalyze communications efforts • A strong track record of managing and mentoring a team of editorial and creative professionals • A commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion
Minimum Degree Required:
Work Hours: Typically Monday through Friday, 8:30am to 5:00pm.
While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
To apply, visit https://omrf.peopleadmin.com/postings/3528