- The Scripps Research Institute
- Location: La Jolla, CA
- Job Number: 7059497
- Posting Date: Aug 18, 2019
Job DescriptionIMMUNOLOGY & MICROBIOLOGY
Within the department of Immunology & Microbiology at The Scripps Research Institute, the following postdoctoral position is available:
Principal Investigator: Philippe Gallay
Research Description: Hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) is a major cause of cancer death worldwide, accounting for over half a million deaths per year. Chronic infections with hepatitis B (HBV) and C (HCV) viruses have been recognized as main human liver carcinogens. Multiple non-viral factors have also been implicated in the development of HCC. The development of non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH) and liver fibrosis represent high risk factors for HCC. Remarkably, we recently found that cyclophilin inhibitors suppress the development of viral-induced and non-viral-induced liver fibrosis and HCC in mouse models. However, their mechanisms of action are totally unknown.
Positions: A postdoctoral position is immediately available to study the liver damage protective effects and mechanisms of action of cyclophilin inhibitors, both in vivo and in vitro, and to determine the potential of cyclophilin inhibitors as anti-liver damage drugs.
- Candidates must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Possess a recent (less than one year) Ph.D. in immunology, virology, microbiology, or a relevant field from a credited university or institute. A pending doctoral degree (to be obtained in a few months) is also considered.
- Have a good publishing record with first-author papers.
- Have some cell culture experience
- Experience with mice would be a plus.
Please send CV and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Location: La Jolla, CA
Lab publications: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/myncbi/philippe.gallay.1/bibliography/40512871/public/?page=1