Postdoctoral Fellow – Melanoma Research
- Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute
- Location: Tampa, FL
- Job Number: 7058735
- Posting Date: Jul 26, 2019
Job DescriptionPremi lab at the department of Tumor Biology, Moffitt Cancer Center, is seeking a highly motivated postdoctoral fellow to join the lab. We are interested in investigating melnin chemiexcitation and its role in melanoma initiation, progression, and resistance against targeted therapies. This includes but not limited to carcinogenicity of skin pigments, their role in modulating melanoma epigenetics and tumor immunology, and pigment type and amount in melanoma progression.
• Work closely with the PI to discover unique, non-classical mechanisms of drug resistance in melanoma.
• Opportunities to present and discuss the data on institutional and national platforms, and develop collaborations to successfully pursue the scientific problems in hand.
The Ideal Candidate:
• Well trained in basic cell and molecular biology methods like DNA/RNA manipulation, immunodetection, (IHC/IF/western blotting), microscopy, and CRISPR and other knockdown/knockout methods.
• Experienced in culturing and maintaining mammalian cells that includes primary cells. Experince with melanocytes and other skin cells like primary fibrobalsts and keratinocytes is a plus.
• Experience with high-throughput proteomics and genomics is desirable.
• Lab management and maintainance in addition to performing experiments. This includes ordering , receiving, and properly storing reagents and other lab materials.
• Design and perform experiments with a limited supervision.
• Data analyses and reporting in seminars and meetings, writing manuscripts.
• Mentor graduate and undergraduate trainees in the lab.
Credentials and Qualifications:
• Candidate must have an M.D. or Ph.D. in Molecular Oncology or Molecular and Cellular Biology. Would like to have a candidate with publications in peer reviewed journals and at least 1 or 2 first author papers.
Interested applicants should send a single PDF file that includes a cover letter summarizing their research training and accomplishments, a personal statement of scientific interests and goals, current CV with recent publications, and contact information for three references to Dr. Sanjay Premi at firstname.lastname@example.org.
H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center & Research Institute is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and a drug free workplace