Date Posted: Jul 3, 2019
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
- Long Island University
- Location: Brookville, NY
- Job Number: 7058297
- Posting Date: Jul 3, 2019
- Application Deadline:
Open Until Filled
Title: Postdoctoral Fellow
Department: Bio Med Science
Campus: Brookville, New York
Date Posted: 06/17/2019
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Starting Date: As soon as possible
Contact: Please submit an online application
The College of Veterinary Medicine at Long Island University (Post Campus) invites applications for the position of Postdoctoral Fellow. The selected candidate will be required to have hands-on experience with:
Human cell culture:
• Setting up cell culture for primary and cancer cell lines, transient and stable transfection, lentiviral transduction.
Cell culture based assays:
• MTT assay, cell proliferation assay, colony formation assay, invasion assay, wound-healing assay, flow cytometry, immunofluorescence staining.
Small animal handling:
• Breeding and maintenance of mice colonies, genotyping for knockout and transgenic mouse models.
Animal associated procedures:
• Generation of sub-cutaneous and orthotopic xenograft models, generation of bone metastatic model using intracardiac injection, intraperitoneal injections, necropsy and tissue collection, immunohistochemistry of tissue sections.
Small animal imaging:
• Luciferase imaging of xenograft and transgenic mouse models.
• DNA and RNA isolation and estimation, Agarose gel electrophoresis, Cloning, PCR, real time PCR, ChIP, ChIP-Seq.
• Protein isolation and estimation, SDS-PAGE, western blotting, immunoprecipitation, in vitro and in vivo biochemical assays.
• Tissue processing, histology, H&E staining, IHC staining and calculations
• Bright field and fluorescence microscopy, confocal microscopy.
• UV-Vis spectroscopy and spectrophotometry.
• Primer designing, sequence alignment, preliminary analysis of ChIP-seq and RNA-Seq data, meta-analysis of patient datasets available in GEO, oncomine and other related databases.
• Mentoring undergraduate and graduate students in basic skills for cancer and cell biology techniques and small animal handing
• Gathering and interpreting experimental data, preparing reports and manuscripts.
Other duties as assigned
Training, Skills, Knowledge, Experience:
• The successful applicant will need to have at least one year of experience directly related to the current job assignment.
• The successful applicant will need to demonstrate ability to plan and organize assigned activities and ability to work effectively with faculty, staff, and administrators as necessary.
• The successful applicant will need to demonstrate the proven ability to conduct research and to independently carry out major projects of importance to the University and the community.
• The successful application should have a strong and consistent publication record in cancer biology.
• Minimal qualifications include a PhD in natural science, or a health-related field from a college or university of recognized standing, at least one years of postdoctoral experience.
Please send cover letter and resume.
LIU is an equal opportunity employer. LIU is committed to extending equal opportunity in employment to all qualified candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of our academic community. LIU encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender and/or gender identity or expression, marital or parental status, national origin, ethnicity, citizenship status, veteran or military status, age, disability or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal laws. Hiring is contingent on eligibility to work in the United States.