Date Posted: Jul 3, 2019
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
- University of Maryland
- Location: BALTIMORE, MD
- Job Number: 7058292
- Posting Date: Jul 3, 2019
- Application Deadline:
Open Until Filled
Two postdoctoral positions in sepsis and pulmonary injury research at the University of Maryland Anesthesiology Translational Research Program
We are seeking two highly trained and motivated postdoctoral fellows to join the Translational Research Program at the University of Maryland School of Medicine. The team has two NIH R01-funded positions to study the role of microRNA-mediated signaling in sepsis and sepsis-induced lung injury. Detailed information about the team’s research can be found at
This project covers multi-disciplines including immunology, physiology, and molecular biology. Candidates with experience in lung injury and sepsis research is preferred. Candidates are expected to be independent with the ability to work in a dynamic team environment. They should have good organizational skills and strong oral and written communications skills. The position offers salary consistent with the NIH F-32 guideline.
Major responsibilities include, but will not be limited to:
• Carrying research projects through experimental design, conducting experiments, developing, adapting, and implemental novel research techniques, and analyzing data
• Maintaining detailed documentation of experimental work
• Presenting data within and outside of the laboratory group at meetings and symposia
• Maintaining close communications with PI regarding progress
• Writing, editing, and submitting manuscripts/abstracts detailing the results of the project
• Help maintain equipment, assist other lab members, and help to maintain a positive, friendly, and welcoming atmosphere.
Please email your application and following information in a single pdf file to: Danielle Hill at email@example.com
2. Cover letter including 1) Brief description of past research experience and accomplishments, and how this background fits the project; 2) Research interests; 3) Career goals; 4) Expected availability date
3. Contact information of at least three references
The University of Maryland, Baltimore is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.