Date Posted: Jul 2, 2019
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
A Postdoctoral Research Fellow position is available in the laboratory of Dr. Shari Pilon-Thomas, Department of Immunology. Our research is focused on developing translational immunotherapy for the treatment of solid tumors.
• A Postdoctoral Research Fellow position is available in the laboratory of Dr. Shari Pilon-Thomas, Department of Immunology. We seek a highly motivated, team-oriented individual interested in translational immunotherapy research for the treatment of solid tumors. Applicants should have less than two years post-doctoral experience.
The Ideal Candidate:
• Demonstrates proficiency in basic immunology techniques, including flow cytometry.
• Is well-experienced in culturing mammalian cell lines and primary mammalian cells
• Has experience working with mouse models of cancer and demonstrates a working knowledge of mouse genetics and basic mouse husbandry
• Learn research techniques that directly relate to the program’s scientific projects and goals with appropriate direction and supervision.
• Plan, conduct and document experiments independently; evaluate and interpret data with guidance
• Develop scientific writing and presentation skills, including grant proposals, manuscript preparation and formal seminars
• Present research findings to the Moffitt scientific community and at national scientific meetings
Credentials and Qualifications:
• MD or Ph.D. in Immunology, Cancer Biology, or other related field.
A competitive salary and benefits package will be offered to the successful candidate. Interested applicants should send a single PDF file that includes a current CV with recent publications, a personal statement of scientific interests and goals (2-page maximum) and contact information for three references to Amy Weber at Amy.Weber@Moffitt.org.
H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center & Research Institute is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and a drug free workplace